10 Years Later...

Sen - I don’t remember any of that! That is awesome haha :stuck_out_tongue:

TBO - share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it! Share it!

:smile:

1 Like

thanks kirupa I will, right now I haven’t been able to touch it in a week. having a job sucks :frowning:

senoculars story reminds me of a job I had, whatever mail client we were using I remember finding out in the from field, if you type anything followed by a ton of spaces the other person would never see your name, just the fake word or name you typed as the from name.

So obviously I sent a bunch of ridiculous internal emails to friends from the “ceo” and such…and one day I wrote something along the lines of this guy getting the day off.

However, before I could say anything I saw him open the email, grab his bag and bolt out of the building, he actually went home.

I don’t belong in the corporate world

1 Like

Hey, anyone remember the renaissance man? Timmytots I think. The nostalgia is thick in this place.

That’s way funny. Also I think Senocular’s “hack” was before my time. I do remember someone writing some script that would pull your profile pic from Facebook and display it in the body of the post, their thread was titled “The Ugliest User on Kirupa” .

TheCanadian, I absolutely remember Timmytots haha that guy was hilarious and a total renaissance man. He was like developing a website for his furniture store and he did all the modelling for it too haha.

1 Like

Hey, anyone remember the renaissance man? Timmytots I think.

LOL, How could we forget Timmy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I looked at his site (amazingly still there), but it looks the same as it did back then (from what I remember), I guess no one ever donated for that new computer for Timmy?

That post is from 09, which I think is when I joined. I dont remember him though. haha why did he get banned? I don’t think I ever witnessed a banning here. Sounds interesting

Looks like Timmy got his 27" iMac after all, and found a new home after being banned from Kirupa.

That was good times. Nice to see there are still some old timers . It’s sad but the activity has really died down I suppose that’s the nature of web forums.

Anyone remember Darkmotion? I really liked his work back in the day.

Darkmotion is still very active! You can follow him along on Twitter these days: https://twitter.com/pasql :slightly_smiling:

I believe I have seen some familiar kirupa names on the starling forums

Hey, I just randomly had an inkling to check the ol’ Kirupa forums, and stumbled across this gem of nostalgia! Hello everyone! I’ll have my 10 year kirupaversary this October… crazy.

Fun side note: I was just in San Francisco last week and got to meet up with nobody a.k.a. Joshua Jenkins a.k.a. “douchemod” a.k.a. Mr. StealYoGirl. It was great! I ate a lot of whiskeys and drank a huge burrito, and Jenkins was a true gentleman. My first real-life KForums encounter. TheCanadian, I know you’re jealous.

1 Like

Happy 10th!

Oh you mean xxviii? =P

Awesome!

1 Like

I’m not sure which I’m more jealous of: that you met up or that you had whiskey. Probably the whiskey.

That is really awesome! I met Josh about 10 years ago in Seattle, and it was THE most memorable moment of my life. Everything I’ve done since then (except meeting Kril and Sen, of course!) has paled in comparison to that event :frowning:

I was afraid the experience would set the bar too high… I can already feel the effects. Food tastes blander, I laugh less, and I often find myself just staring out the window for extended periods of time. I look forward to telling my first-born child that they are the second-best thing that has ever happened to me.

1 Like

congrats! I just made an account here ^^

@senocular Oh I remember you! You had an ‘eye’ as your avatar wasn’t it? Your posts were like god sent stuff. Saved me a lot of work. Will forever remain indebted to you and @kirupa :slight_smile:

Really glad to know you’re all still around :relieved:

Btw: Since 2002 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

REUNION TIME! It’s funny how time seems compressed here. It all feels like just yesterday to me :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t believe my password still works here 0_o

1 Like

Hardly what you’d call a ‘regular visitor’, but I joined in Oct '14!
I do enjoy my ‘happy birthday’ emails from the site each year though :smiley: