First impressions of Windows 10

I wasn’t kidding in my earlier post: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I read somewhere that that was only for “tech savvy” people, which immediately excluded me.

I think the process was: download some sort of installer, click ‘next’ a few times, then let it install and restart a few times with some more dialogs/wizards in between.

Well that sounds like something even I could handle. I’ll give it a try sometime, thanks

2 Likes

TC - did you end up upgrading to it?

Hmmmmmmmmm!

There appears to be some bug with my combination of motherboard, Sandy Bridge processor, and Windows 10, because 137951632% CPU usage seems a bit high. Only found this thread so far, and there seems to be disagreement about whether or not updates are available for the relevant BIOS/UEFI.

1 Like

Not yet; I haven’t been on my computer in a while. I’ll go try right now…

Or maybe I won’t because I don’t even know where it is haha…

1 Like

Is “MS-DOS Executive” still deep under the hood running the show? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After some frustration, I finally got it installed. Really like it so far; nice and minimalistic. No Cortana in Canada for some (surely stupid) reason. I like the new browser and I especially like that there is only one now. It’s nice that the traditional desktop apps and the windows store apps are integrated into one place.

2 Likes

Hi I am trying to update my system from windows 7 to windows 10 but I am getting an error as
"Windows couldn’t be installed
We couldn’t update the system reserve partition"

Please Suggest What’s need to be done

Thanks in Advance…
Regards
George

My general take is to always do a clean install. Backup your important data first, of course. You should also ask here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us?auth=1

You’ll get more help if you would like to still explore the possibility of upgrading your machine.

Cheers,
Kirupa

1 Like

Thanks For the link…

Regards
George

I don’t like it
Windows 8 is better

Windows 8 or 8.1? :evilsmirk: