ActionScript Help

I was thinking the same thing, I dont know why I have so many items in the library… i have alot of symbols, I’m organize them into folders so I can find it easier.

thanks for the tip,

thank you for you help,

regards,

What’s even funnier is that I didn’t do any tweening for the Concreto Normal section! You must have done it or acheived the fadein somehow. But I’m having a look now at tweening the two menus…

It’s not so much the amount of symbols, it’s just the main structure and organisation of the whole movie. Sorry to sound critical, but I’m telling you what will help you. It does look nice though, it’s well presented and easy to read (apart from the Spanish!).

I’ve emailed you the new fla.

If you want a smoother fade in - lower the fade variable, to something lower that the current value (20).

If the fade in looks too slow, increase your frame rate.

I’ve also emailed you what I did with .fla the menus are working now…

Have a go at changing the fade variable and frame rate like I mentioned just before your post. See what works best.

Your frame rate is very low. Change to at least 12.

i changed the fps to 12, but the logo at the beginning starts moving too fast…can i control that speed separate from the rest of scene ??

Should be able to, let me have a look…

ok i got the fades working…

I haven’t seen the fla yet, but yes you can change the fps “on the fly”, but is the scripting worthit just for what you want to acheive. It’s normally for making sure movieclips play at different speed to each other, but for a fade effect wouldn’t be feasable.

So now you’ve got the labels and the fades working. What setting did you use for the fades (or did you use another method)?

Take off the [COLOR=blue]stop();[/COLOR] from the first frame’s of the Detalle Menu’s, because when you click on the link it goes to the new section and stops. You have to click on Descripcion to get the content up. This is not the case with Concreto Normal.

In the properties I used the alpha and switched it to 0% and it works perfectly I gave it a 5 frame fade and it looks good, I’m adding some more text to it right now.

But the one I’m worried about is the animation at the beginning the concreto, S.A. logo it moves too fast, how can I lower the speed on that particular movie clip ?

thanks for all your help, I really do appreciate it

Where did you change the alpha from? I didn’t use in the color mixer. If you click on the two main menus (the movie clips) and press F9 for actions, you should see the action script for the fade. Change the fade setting there, and the initial alpha if you want.

By the way - we both posted at the same time :cool:.

i have to add the rest of the data to the presentation so I might take a little while to answer back, but so far everything is going good, I’ve done the changes you told me, except for the stop at the menu, I can’t find it.

I’ve slowed down the logo and emailed you the fla. Instructions on how to speed it up or slow it down are in the email.

Next to your zoom drop down menu, there is a small icon of a triangle, a square and circle. If you hover your mouse over it, it will say “Edit Symbols”. Pull down the menu and go to Detalle Menu F2. In the actions layer add a [COLOR=blue]stop();[/COLOR] on frame 5.

Repeat the above but select, Detalle Menu 13. Put stops on all frames from 2 to 5 - first create a new layer actions, like the othes have. Do the same for Menu 14.

If you’re still interested in playing different movie clips at different speeds check out this thread:

http://www.kirupaforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5101

Thank you, im almost done with the presentation itself. I will email you a final to see how it turned out. Sorry for the time lapse but I needed some shuteye.

Thank you and kind regards,

hrmmm this post seems popular hehe :slight_smile: