Any of you into cryptocurrencies?

1 Like

I bought a sliver of bitcoin a month ago, and have been watching it plummet, hah.

I tried my hand at mining hempcoin, but the pool was sketchy, and there was just no real feedback from the organization behind it; it’s a shame because they aim to go beyond just transactions between consumers and dispensaries, but rather support the agriculture side as well, which includes uses beyond recreational use.

Since then, I’ve been mining Monero, somewhat successfully with my machine running two 980Tis. I’ve made $50 in four weeks, haha, but I’ve likely spent double that in electricity. Now, a machine running 4 1080Tis, or even 6 would be making some serious Monero a day. Enough that it would surely cover the utility costs.

I prefer proof of work, because it’s something you can fire and forget. The various exchanges (Bitrex, Binance, etc.) have these weird requests for all this personally identifiable information that really gives me pause at using their services to trade real money for crypto, and the using bitcoin through Binance gets you with the transactions fees!

China and South Korea are cracking down on people being able to exchange cryptos in general, so I’m guessing the loss of those markets is really having an effect on cryptocurrencies as a whole.

I mean, some of the largest Bitcoin mining operations are taking place in China.

I helped my buddy set these up yesterday…and so begins his descent in to insanity

1 Like

What does a rig like that get you? Like per day?

It depends on many factors, but at todays crypto prices he says about $500 USD per day, for I think like 15 of those machines. The other ones in the pic are not his but he’s going to collect some rent from them. I don’t know all the exact numbers but at todays rates and machine price inflation. He’s prob looking at a minimum of 7 months before breaking even. Rent, electricity, machines, Just my estimate. Of course if crypto doubles he makes a lot more, and vise versa

1 Like

I wonder what hackers are secretly using these crypto farms for. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So … much like looking past everything on @senocular 's desk and instead at the bubble wrap, what is the ladder for?

Ladders are for reaching higher, and otherwise inaccessible, areas. You’re welcome.

1 Like

That doesn’t answer the question.

In Vietnam, I recently asked a chap why he had a ladder on his motorcycle. (I didn’t ask about the 30 meter long hose dragging behind).

-is it for window cleaning?
(paus)
-No, it could be anything…anything.

This is a very specific question. “why do you have a ladder”…

Ah yes, of course… how silly of me.

1 Like

That is ok. I’m aware you do not know all the ways to use a ladder. Neither do I.

1 Like

I had one of these growing up:

2 Likes

I am not much of an expert but I think I can recommend you to try out learncrypto for those of you who are beginners like me…That helps you answer a lot of questions including value, trading and so on. That means a lot for most people who are aiming to get a chance at getting the value of bitcoin in the long run. One can say that there is a lot to talk about when it comes to bitcoin’s aspects of working out on the trading block. Just make sure you do keep track of the current events of bitcoin so you won’t have to worry.

I like the idea, especially if governments take it on, make it official and use it prevent corporate tax evasion, money laundering, arms trafficking ect.
I cant see governments taking it on due to the cost of mining currency.
Maybe there’s a simpler way of generating keys (maybe only have the blockchain store the last 2-3 transactions) and maybe less secure or anonymous.
Maybe quantum computing will destroy crypto or maybe it could generate more crypto… who knows…
Can you imagine that… 115 billion in bitcoin worthless overnight because of quantum computing… :laughing:

Probebly in late 20’s …but seriously in Nov-20 era…this crypto thing is on peak…most of that time period I done with some mining & trading part.

A lot of people I run into who know about cryptocurrency are dabbling in it. It is a very interesting subject and I think it is going to be huge as time progresses! When I first started reading about cryptocurrency, the first thing that caught my attention was the global aspect of it. The fact that there is no centralized authority and that you can trade with anyone anywhere in the world without having to go through a third party to exchange currencies really grabbed my attention. I also thought it was pretty cool

My problem is the amount of energy needed and how unenvironment friendly it is.

Twitter ceo jack quit twitter and started focusing on

block.xyz

a new company that takes over for square, tidal and cash app

I recently started playing NFT games and that’s my entry point to start getting into cryptocurrencies too. I have some ETH and BTC and other non popular ones. I still have lot to learn though.

What games? Please share

Eth can be usedvanlig for applications too I read

I play Cryptoblades, Gods Unchained, Splinterlands, MyDefiPets and Axie Infinity. I don’t earn that much while playing but these games are fun.

1 Like