AS for moving movie clips

Thanks alot lostinbeta.

I don’t know what’s wrong with this but the movie clip really doesn’t coincide with the clicked button’s _x and _y. Sure it moves to a new location but it does not appear to flush. Like if the buttons _x and _y are 10 and 10 respectively the movie clip moves and stops at an _x and _y of 9.5 and 9.5. That is the problem I am trying very hard to solve!

:frowning:
comicGeek

well if you want the movie clip to move to the buttons x and y… just have the end points be buttonInstance._x and buttonInstance._y…

For some odd reason, it doesn’t work like that. If you assign it to go to buttonInstance._x and stuff it goes to (0,0). I have no clue why though.

I am not sure quite yet how to fix the problem you are having. But as of now I don’t think the problem is that major. I didn’t even notice a problem when I first tested it.

Thanks all!

If you check out www.theory7.com’s new site, I’m sure you’ll understand what I’m trying to accomplish. I want to follow their menu system where you see a glass like movie clip follow the mouse when it hovers over a button. The thing is their glass movie clip coincides exactly to the position of the buttons.

comicGeek

:frowning:

If you notice on their site, the white block moved behind the buttons.

Perhaps the outlines of the buttons could actually help cover up this tiny flaw.

Of course. Now why didn’t I think of that?

I try it now! Thanks lost in beta!

comicGeek:)

No problem, let me know how it goes!

Hi!

A friend sent me this modified version of what I did and I must admit it did the job well!

:slight_smile:

comicGeek

WHAT!? NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO MODIFY MY FILES!!! :scream:

Haha, just kidding. Good job =)

hahahahahahaha lol

And I thought you were really angry!

comicGeek

thanks

I know, I can be very convincing sometimes :stuck_out_tongue: