Flash formating of PHP data?

You can only send text into the flash directly from the php,

Thats all I needā€¦

Ie: I had planed to have Sex: Male/Female
Once it was loaded into the movie I was going to have it check the sex, and set the background colour of the post to reflect it. Ie: light blue for Male posts, and light pink for girls.

And other stuff like thatā€¦ but I need to get it in there before I canā€¦

kept getting three errors in the script and when I asked about it on their forums the best they could come up with was ā€œignore themā€.

Do you remember exactly what the problem was ?

Did it start and have errors ?
Not load the messages ?
Give error on sumbmitting ?

It loaded up the entries but then there were three errors that came up when you submitted each entry. Give me 5 mins Iā€™ll set it up again and show you what I mean.

Here it is. Its fine now, but then you sign itā€¦ try for yourself.

No worriesā€¦
I have spent my whole weekend looking for an example of anything, even a shopping cart or something with tablesā€¦ I will be looking for a couple more hours before I go to bedā€¦

Maybe we will get lucky and sort out your errors.

I wish someone could sort them out :expressionless: Did you get anything like that when you installed it?

Notice: Undefined variable: i in c:\domains\vapour-music.co.uk\wwwroot ests\GuestBook.php on line 48

Notice: Undefined variable: i in c:\domains\vapour-music.co.uk\wwwroot ests\GuestBook.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined variable: i in c:\domains\vapour-music.co.uk\wwwroot ests\GuestBook.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined variable: i in c:\domains\vapour-music.co.uk\wwwroot ests\GuestBook.php on line 51
Name: The_Vulcan
Email: [email protected]
Comments: Testing
Date: 2004-07-18 16:24:24

Notice: Undefined variable: i in c:\domains\vapour-music.co.uk\wwwroot ests\GuestBook.php on line 54

Wow that is funnyā€¦

Have you changed anything in the files would be my first question ?

If you want .Zip and Post your .php file and .swf and I will upload it to my server and see if it works.

If it works it is a error on your server.
If it dont work there is a error in your files.

$DBhost = ā€œlocalhostā€; // Database Server
$DBuser = ā€œ"; // Database User
$DBpass = "
ā€; // Database Pass
$DBName = ā€œ***********ā€;// Database Name
$table = ā€œguestbookā€; // Database Table
$numComments = 10; // Number of Comments per page

Just change your info in the .php file before you send it.

Everything is straight out of the zip file, thats what I donā€™t get. I was told I might need to adjust table widths in MySQL or something but I donā€™t know squat about MySQL soā€¦ shrugsā€¦ give me two minutes and Iā€™ll post the zip for you

Nah I didnā€™t have a problem at allā€¦

The only thing I had to do was look up my database nameā€¦

Here is one that I was playing withā€¦
I was experimenting/farting around with password protection so its not functionalā€¦

Just select Cathy from the drop down menu and hit submit.
http://www.cathyschultz.com/boylen/Girls%20of%20Boylen.html

Sweet, I was thinking of doing something like that because we kept getting a load of a-holes just spamming our old book. The zip file is attached.

http://www.cathyschultz.com/fiery/gbv2.swf

didnā€™t put it in a html so give it a secā€¦

It worked fine so it is not your filesā€¦

CREATE TABLE guestbook (
ID int(5) NOT NULL auto_increment,
name text NOT NULL,
email text NOT NULL,
comments text NOT NULL,
time datetime NOT NULL default ā€˜0000-00-00 00:00:00ā€™,
PRIMARY KEY (ID)
)

I would delete your table and remake it just to be sure there are no errors in that.

Is your mysql on the same server as your php and .swf
I know there are errors when you try to connect to mysql on a different server.

I will look at the line errors you posted aboveā€¦

The MySQL and the files are all on the same server :expressionless: I think Iā€™m maybe not creating the table right. Did you set column widths or something in MySQLCC? Someone told me something about thatā€¦

if($numallComments == 0) {
print ā€œNo entries in the guestbook, as yetā€¦ā€;
} else {
while ($array = mysql_fetch_array($fewComments)) {
$name = mysql_result($fewComments, $i, ā€˜nameā€™);
$email = mysql_result($fewComments, $i, ā€˜emailā€™);
$comments = mysql_result($fewComments, $i, ā€˜commentsā€™);
$time = mysql_result($fewComments, $i, ā€˜timeā€™);

print '<b>Name: </b>' . $name . '<br><b>Email: </b>' . $email . '<br><b>Comments: </b>' . $comments . '<br><i>Date: ' . $time . '</i><br><br>';
		   $i++;
	    }
	}

well its obviouslt the $i var that is causing the problem so they question is why?

If it was java you would have to give it a value before you use itā€¦ But PHP i dont know aboutā€¦ perhaps your server is running a older version of PHP that needs its var declared before they are used.

It is running version 4.3.3. I know its not the newest but its fairly up to dateā€¦ I dun o I really donā€™t know squat about php :frowning:

The only thing I can think of is declare the var $i = 0; before the

I just recreated the MySQL tableā€¦ Iā€™m still getting the same errors :expressionless:

I used php admin and pasted the code into the query window and that was itā€¦

The only thing I can think of is declare the var $i = 0; before the

So what exactly would I change the code to? Just so i donā€™t mess this up and waste yet more timeā€¦

phpMyAdmin 2.5.3

**MySQL 3.23.58 **

I dont know what PHP version they are using or where to find itā€¦
all they say is PHP4+

Since your line errors are the ones with [color=#ff0000]$i [/color][color=black]and it says it is a undefind var I would give it a value before it is usedā€¦ [/color][color=#0000ff]$i = 0;[/color]

[color=blue]$i = 0;[/color]
print ā€œNo entries in the guestbook, as yetā€¦ā€;
} else {
while ($array = mysql_fetch_array($fewComments)) {
$name = mysql_result($fewComments, [color=red]$i[/color], ā€˜nameā€™);
$email = mysql_result($fewComments, [color=red]$i[/color], ā€˜emailā€™);
$comments = mysql_result($fewComments, [color=red]$i[/color], ā€˜commentsā€™);
$time = mysql_result($fewComments, [color=red]$i[/color], ā€˜timeā€™);
print ā€˜<b>Name: </b>ā€™ . $name . ā€˜<br><b>Email: </b>ā€™ . $email . ā€˜<br><b>Comments: </b>ā€™ . $comments . '<br><i>Date: ā€™ . $time . ā€˜</i><br><br>ā€™;
[color=red]$i[/color]++;
}
}