Flash Limits

what about a maximum _xscale or _yscale for an individual clip? Or is that something that can be figured out from what has already been said?

i got it to 3276800 or so before it started behaving strange.

thanks clownstaples, Ill add that in :slight_smile:

I did my own test and I got up to 4000000 before I stopped and experienced no difficulties :-\

is that with rotation? There is a point where lines begin to be drawn outside of the refresh box so any kind of motion or rotation leaves artifacts where the previously drawn image isnt completely cleared…

Similarly bitmaps can smear at long sizes…

Im not sure when that happnes though …

no, mine had no rotation happening, it was just a block that was scaled.

Another thing I noticed, and I don’t know why it does it, when you use the brush tool, if you create a line long enough it gets a little spike at the end that just jets out. Im assuming thats a bug rather than a limit though :wink:

yeah Flash is a little glitchy with extremes - I think this has to do with its process in estimations for performance.

Maybe some day they will work on that :wink:

hmm yeah this is cool

I love Kirupa just for these sort of random facts :thumb: Here is a limit I think we need to find: how many flash developers actually hit these limits and if so, what the heck are they doing? :esmirk:

well not really a limit but something nice to know for those frustrated with some textboxes not showing up text…:sigh:

If you have “bold” on and you are trying to load htmlText into the textbox, it wont show up for some reason… just found that out today. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Aditya

it shows up, just need to make sure your embedding the bold version too when using it :sigh:

Yeah, I remember when I went through that issue, I almost went insane. It took me a few days to finally find out that you have to embed the individual normal, bold, and italic versions of the font.

lol sorry about that… :stuck_out_tongue:
should I just keep my post in there or delete it?

Thanks,
Aditya

they are considered different versions of the same font…

when you install a new font family, you will install several, sometimes as much as 9 diff fonts…

…and the client always seems to use one that you don’t own…

:wink:

Rev

wow…its great which i waited for this…

actually i ask this flash limits question in some other forum but i got here…

thanks guys

flashmani

this can be added

[color=black]You can use up to 26 shape hints.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Hi:
Are you limited to a max amount of height in a movie clip? I have this
scrolling pane with a movieclip in it. When you scroll the pane, the mc inside scrolls up or down.

The mc inside has text. I can’t seem make it taller than 4000. Is this a physical limit of Flash.

Is there a more efficient way to make a scroll pane (window), that will scroll a movieclip through it?

Thanks,
Loren
[/SIZE]

I ran into a limitation with exporting out files with a third party projector.

The flash player will not allow you to export a string over 30kb.

Screen Weaver Forums

I made a slideshow that loads the pictures from a xml file.
I havent really experimented with it, but if I use more than 99 pictures, flash starts to freak and only load 3 pictures (piece of the xml)
so 100 is probably a limit ?

<mijnSlideShow>
<titel>slideshow 1</titel> 

<foto>
      <adres>toet.jpg</adres> 
      <verhaaltje>bla bla<verhaaltje /> 
    </foto>
    <foto>
      <adres>meep.jpg</adres> 
      <verhaaltje>weep woei<verhaaltje /> 
    </foto>
    <foto>