FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf issue, can't find anything on this

[color=black][font=Arial]At my company we had some old web pages we use for training that had QuickTime files in them. Due to Apple’s very expensive corporate licensee needed for QuickTime use on a corporate level we converted all our QuickTime (.mov) to Flash Video (.fla).[/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial] [/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial]Using Dreamweaver 8 I used their new “FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf” flash video player to convert all these pages. I ran into odd issues where if I open them up (which they are on a file server) using a mapped drive (i.e. Z:\Server\page.html) they would work fine, but using UNC address (i.e. [\Server\page.html](file://Server/page.html)) they would not work.[/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial] [/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial]We uploaded them to our web server and they would not work at all till I updated the MIME information and now they work if you access them i.e http://server/page.html but if I get to it via UNC it won’t work. I’m not sure if it’s the limitation or bug with the “FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf” file or the new Flash 8 security stuff. I’ve tested with both Flash Player 7 & 8 and have the same problem.[/font][/color]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]