gotoAndPlay next scene dilemma

have any of you guys experienced this problem?! hereā€™s the deal, iā€™ve got me a multiple scene movie, iā€™ve assigned a button to proceed to scene 2 when clicked but when iā€™m clickin it, it just goes back to the present scene (scene 1)ā€¦ iā€™m goin nuts in hereā€¦ :pa: ā€¦ can anyone spare any help?!

please i need it a.s.a.p.

One possibility, if you are using ā€˜Test sceneā€™ to preview, then all buttons linked outside of that scene auromatically take you to the beggining of the present scene, use test movie - also sometimes with things like this as silly as it sounds, ensure your script is correct, save, exit and restart Flash and you may find it worksā€¦ nothings perfect! Let me know how you get on.

Use frame labels to target your scenes:[AS]on (release) {
gotoAndPlay(ā€œframeLabelā€);
}[/AS]Donā€™t depend on Flash when youā€™re dealing with scenes. So place a Frame Label on the first frame of every scene (not the same one of course), and that should work.

yes iā€™m kinda using the ā€˜test sceneā€™ to preview my movieā€¦ so if iā€™ll try to run the movie as it is, as a whole, it might work?!

ahhhhhā€¦ okiā€¦ iā€™m kinda a newbie on scripting, iā€™ve just jumped from photoshop to Flashā€¦ :pleased:

thankies

ahhhhhā€¦ okiā€¦ iā€™m kinda a newbie on scripting, iā€™ve just jumped from photoshop to Flashā€¦ :pleased:

ohh and one more thing, will the ā€˜next sceneā€™ problem be affected if my movie is 10-15 mb?! i mean will it still jump to the scene that i want?!

The size should not affect it at all, as long as your script is correct. :wink:

thanks man, youā€™re saving my neckā€¦

iā€™m kinda new in here so iā€™m kinda lookin for some friendsā€¦

Everyone here is considered a friend. :beer:

But, Iā€™m gonna take off now, itā€™s 2:00 in the morning here and Iā€™m getting pretty sleepy. Glad I was able to help, see you around.

hi,
u must use differet button in diff scen not comman button to all scenā€¦then it will work.suppose u used ā€˜btn1ā€™ to scen1,2,3, itā€™ll goes to at the start of first scen.

in scen one>on layer > use btn1 - "here is your btn action"
in scen Two>on layer > use btn2 - ā€œhere is your btn actionā€

otherwise u may use directly scriptā€¦as told by wizard and seihartā€¦

oki thanksā€¦ with all your advices iā€™m pretty much sure that itā€™ll workā€¦ iā€™m glad a iā€™m a me,ber of this communityā€¦

:thumb:

thanks to everyone that postā€¦ because of your suggestions i was able to solve the problemā€¦ thank youā€¦

Youā€™re welcome. :slight_smile: