Gta IV

Who’s got it?

I want an initial review. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Templarian;2323565]^How is that awful. You’ve never been driving along and thought you yourself if I sort of just moved a foot to the right it would be kind of cool to watch that old lady go flying? no… hmm.[/QUOTE]

No.

[QUOTE=Templarian;2323565]Jeff, you take everything to seriously IMO… and I doubt Jeds means he wants to do “everything” in the game. He could be talking about jumping a ramp with a car, you just instinctively thought the worst of him. Shame.[/QUOTE]

Touché. Maybe I do take everything too seriously, but I’m not Jack Thompson. I bought and still play the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously Nokrev doesn’t :lol:

And Jack Thompson :love: GTAIV heres proof so that makes nokrev worse that ol Jack :lol:

[CENTER]

More Info
[/CENTER]

I don’t have it yet Fes but I saw you were all over it. So how is it? Wait I’ll just read the thread.

Jeff, have you picked up a hooker?

^Someone probably walked passed and he felt embarrassed.

^ :lol: He would have knocked them flat with all of his Python and Lua programming manuals.

That’s something that he won’t be running out of anytime soon :stuck_out_tongue:

you know what would be really cool add to this game, and i’m not too sure if this happens later but being able to buy things over the internet which would be delivered to your safe house or could be delivered to your girlfriend/s house/s or mates house (as gifts?). Personally I would like to being able to buy things like clothes(and stuff like glasses, watches, rings, chains etc…) … tech gear (new phones, tv’s, other stuff for safe home)… cars (hard to get ones, get to choose what colours(interior,exterior // any special stripes, stickers) as well).etc…

Also again not sure if it happens later on but having a iphone style of mobile. Where i can do the usual stuff like call/message but also be able to take photos, check the internet on the go and do whatever on the internet but on the go which would tie in this buying from the internet i mentioned above.

I don’t know if you can do this later on in the game but I think it’s something they missed which could really bring ‘today’s’ technology in a game representing ‘today’s’ world (or new york i think?).

Also another thing I would like is to invest money into something or gamble your cash some way or put the money away in a bank. And instead of just seeing the money i have on me already to show up on a ATM but have the choice to take money out of my bank to add to whatever i’m holding, why not hold all your money you ask… then I would say when you get beat down or killed you lose all the money your holding (or a large amount of it) so there is more risk/penalty involved by dying or getting busted when your holding more cash.

I know you can’t have everything in a game like this but a few of these (especially the internet on the go with the ability to buy stuff) would be cool things to have.

So I finally got this game… Freaking best game ever man…

[QUOTE=garyzero;2323769]I don’t have it yet Fes but I saw you were all over it. So how is it? Wait I’ll just read the thread.[/QUOTE]

I’m addicted. This game is amazing. It took me a little while to get the groove down driving as I was so used to the PS2 versions.

The voice acting is what blows me away even more then the visuals. The dialog is so believable. I love reading the crazy stuff online in the game. Sites like “pointclickshipa*****.com”

This game is so well done.

I am yet to play online or mess with the cheats. I ruined San Andreas by cheating early. I’ll have fun with that stuff after.

Having finished the campaign yesterday, I just spent about 2-3 hours online and I am convinced that nothing will top this game for another 5 years.

The shear hilariousness of the situations in free roam alone are worth the price tag.

Earlier I was cruising down the street when passed by a bus going the opposite direction at 90mph with two players shooting out of it. Behind the bus was a sedan with 3 more players shooting wildly in all directions, and chasing the whole lot of them were 4 police cars.

I was watching this spectacle and not paying attention to what was in front of me so I didn’t see the guy up ahead in the street firing an RPG in my direction. I looked round and swerved at the last second and the rocket hit a car beside me. My car, now flaming, was thrown into the air and I dived out, but I slammed into the windshield of an oncoming car and died.

It is possibly the greatest moment or sequence of moments I have ever experienced in a game.

Bravo Rockstar.

[quote=paddy.;2325240]Having finished the campaign yesterday, I just spent about 2-3 hours online and I am convinced that nothing will top this game for another 5 years.

The shear hilariousness of the situations in free roam alone are worth the price tag.

Earlier I was cruising down the street when passed by a bus going the opposite direction at 90mph with two players shooting out of it. Behind the bus was a sedan with 3 more players shooting wildly in all directions, and chasing the whole lot of them were 4 police cars.

I was watching this spectacle and not paying attention to what was in front of me so I didn’t see the guy up ahead in the street firing an RPG in my direction. I looked round and swerved at the last second and the rocket hit a car beside me. My car, now flaming, was thrown into the air and I dived out, but I slammed into the windshield of an oncoming car and died.

It is possibly the greatest moment or sequence of moments I have ever experienced in a game.

Bravo Rockstar.[/quote]

Hah, can you beat RPG duel against a Helicopter? Amazing.

Nope, and I haven’t played in a few days since I’ve been out of town.

I haven’t touched Lua in years. :lol:

[QUOTE=paddy.;2325240]Having finished the campaign yesterday, I just spent about 2-3 hours online and I am convinced that nothing will top this game for another 5 years.

Bravo Rockstar.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t touched the online yet. That sounds like SOOOOOOO much fun.

The game says I am 33% complete. Does that mean missions or like EVERYTHING like unique jumps and crap?

That’s everything - so jumps, pidgeons, etc, etc… The missions are like 50-60% of the game, I think. (Total guess, but I’m almost done and I’m around there.)

:frowning: <---- My Sad face

I need your gamertag BTW.

As well as Digital’s and Lissy’s

<— dirty dirty PS3 user. :frowning:

Eeek. I thought you made good decisions and stuff. :wink:

[spoiler=“Reality Check Spoiler”]The length of the game thing is bothering me. So far I have done all the UL Paper missions, had to kill playboy or Dwayne, just did my first race for Brucie and knocked off a warehouse for loot for Packie. Just got a call from the Italians saying they want me for work. I think I have the whole left Island left as I have not been there yet.

So how much left do I have?

[/spoiler]

You sound like you are about half way through the main missions. The storyline is about 60%-70% of the game.