Gta IV

That is very happy news. :thumb:
I don’t want this game to ever end.

I’ve had it for two weeks, and think I’m about half way through the missions. The mission Deconstruction for Beginners was by far the hardest I’ve done so far, but I’m now a bit further (say another five missions) than that.

I’ve just unlocked the assault rifle, fwoar.

My gamer tag is leisuresuitliss, due to there not being one more space for the letter y. Anyone interested in whooping my arse, feel free to add me.

I’ve been trying to spot the censored bits on the Australian version. So far I’ve come up with the following suspicions

Can someone confirm that the US or European version is different?

1. In San Andreas, when you kicked the **** out of a pedestrian, they’d hit the ground, and the pool of blood would expand the more you kicked them while they were down. In GTAIV this doesn’t happen, and they don’t even bleed.

2. Occasionally, when you get in the car drunk, Roman will say “Niko, if you drink and drive, you’re a bloody idiot” - which I’m pretty sure is specific to the Australian version, as it’s a slogan that has been lifted from a 10year+ ad campaign against drink driving.

3. When visiting a hooker, I’ve heard you can’t get different, ahem, services. I haven’t tried this though.

I’m running AU version as well. Would like to know this as well…

Additionally
4) Does Niko on the non AU release bleed when shot? or does his clothes stain? Do characters like your dates/mission character mention that your bleeding/clothes are stain with blood.
5) are the strippers at the strip clubs naked? or are they naked during private dances (not that i care, just trying to see what they took out)

Lissy what do you mean by visting a hooker ? you mean picking one up? or you talking about the strip girls? From what i know you can pick up a hooker by driving past them and running the L1 command when prompted… go to a quiet area and you start to ‘rock the boat’; in the AU version you get the bumper view of the car jumping up and down while the non AU you see them going at it in a R rated sorta way.

I mean when you pick one up. I haven’t done it yet, so can’t say for sure, but I have heard that in outside AU versions you can get different services for different prices…

I’m interested to know about the blood, especially if people comment on it, and stripper nudity as well.

I went through the whole game without picking up hookers, but people sure do bleed when you shoot them. If you shoot people in the head they explode in a cloud of splatter.

When Niko gets shot his clothes get stained by blood, and when you get shot up close the whole “camera lens” gets splattered with blood stains.

can’t tell you about the hooker things though, didn’t really feel like watching my character getting a blowjob. There are limits to how geeky I allow myself to become :wink:

[quote=sekasi;2331388]I went through the whole game without picking up hookers, but people sure do bleed when you shoot them. If you shoot people in the head they explode in a cloud of splatter.

When Niko gets shot his clothes get stained by blood, and when you get shot up close the whole “camera lens” gets splattered with blood stains.

can’t tell you about the hooker things though, didn’t really feel like watching my character getting a blowjob. There are limits to how geeky I allow myself to become ;)[/quote]

Well, from what I could tell from the hour I had the game…even when you had “sex” with your “girlfriends,” you don’t actually see anything (I guess they learned that the hard way the first time). So it’s just really annoying stupid sounds lol…:smiley:

Yeah, the camera gets a fairly small amount of blood spatters if you get hit up close, but that’s it. There’s a disappointing lack of gore, Tony Hawk is bloodier, ffs!

I’m not going to sugar coat the truth; I wouldn’t be above watching Niko get a blowjob. Or whatever else floats his boat that they’ve censored :wink:

I’m almost done with the game, but I haven’t picked up any hookers yet. They’re all quite portly, and I think Niko deserves better. Are there any skinny hookers?

[whisper]Weirdest paragraph I’ve ever written on these forums, hahah.[/whisper]

Oh yeah that’s right I did get him laid with that first chickie, but all you got to witness was a brick wall and some random “Oh yeah Niko do it to me baby” groans and moans.

Pretty uninspiring :wink:

Does anyone know where I’d find a parked sentinel std? I had one once, lost it, and can’t find another one. :-/

Hey Liss, Tried to send you an Invite. It says you are nonexistent. :lol:

For: leisuresuitliss

^ fester or lissy if your running gta on ps3 and want to look me up my nametag is: soulty

I don’t usually do team mode or anything like that, but i enjoy the anything goes freemode :slight_smile:

Fessy, I’m yet to buy a cable long enough to connect my xbox to my modem, so PM me your name and when I do, I’ll add you.

Soulty, I’m using a 360.

:slight_smile: