Our parents lied

:lol:

My grandmother to this day, thinks if you stand in front of the microwave you’ll get seriously effected by the rays.

Doesnt fit this thread 100% but its still funny

When I was little, I once asked my mother what “fùck you” meant … :lol:

i guess the most interesting part would be her reply :wink: :lol:

Shoot, I wanted to avoid that :stuck_out_tongue:

HA! My father pulled that on me once. Although, it’s important to note that my father used to be a black political activist who couldn’t help but put things into the context of “us vs. the ubiquitous Man.”

Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” was on the radio when my 4 year old sister turned to my Auntie and asked “Are you a virgin?”

:lol:

Originally Posted by RabBell

Or the infamous parent saying “Right, thats it you’ve misbehaved for the last time, I’m phoning the man” they then go over to the phone and pick it up and pretend to be talking to some man who’s coming to take you away forever for misbehaving…wtf

LMAO!

My mom used to pull the phone bit too but she was threatening to call santa and tell him what a little arse I had been

My parents told me that if I didn’t stop being bad they would suffocate me with a pillow and throw me in the river tied to a rock.

(Just kidding, there would have been no point of the rock.) :stuck_out_tongue:

lmfao this is all hil;arious, keep them coming :wink:

I got these, the typical standard lies that parents tell their kids…

“If you don’t buckle your seatbelt, the car wont start”

“If you misbehave, santa will leave a lump of coal in your stocking”

“Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins”

Are all parents liars, or just badly misinformed??

My grandmother to this day, thinks if you stand in front of the microwave you’ll get seriously effected by the rays.

Please, digital, i must know… does she tell you this as she is talking on a cell phone??

EDIT: now that i think about it, at one point in time, there would’ve been a certain degree of truth to that… if you had a pacemaker…

i don’t believe in god or anything, but that’s no a child’s tale but merely one of the most important fundamental beliefs of christianity…

still, i’m glad you didn’t buy it :wink:

“Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins”

how do you know thats not true?
remeber, more people attend church on any sunday than attend all american sport events for the entire year

how do you know thats not true?

the same way that you are sure that it is true. call it a hunch…

remeber, more people attend church on any sunday than attend all american sport events for the entire year

yeah, and more people watch nascar than hit themselves in the head repeatedly with a balpine hammer…whats your point??

lmao, u win

hehe… thanks for playin’

anway, i’d like to see this thread keep the momentum it had before my offensive comment, that was more or less said tongue in cheek, and not meant to be taken too seriously…

lets keep it goin’ people… im sure all of us have been ‘fibbed’ to by our parents…

here’s one most likely all of us have heard once:

“if you don’t eat all your vegetables the sun won’t shine tomorrow”

(any1 ever believed it?)

hmm, i can’t think of any lies my parents have told me that haven’t already been said,sigh they’re not really good liars (hmm, maybe thats a good thing)

i just remembered one… i do it to my cousins but i remember my mom and dad doing it to mee too… when they want to call me and i was too lazy to get up and they said “i have a chocolate do u want it” then i go running to them and then i would find out i was there to help her/him with their work. and they had no chocolate

my mom was a really good liar …

to keep me from straying too far down the block, she said she was going to have my Uncle weld a huge iron collar around my neck that I couldn’t take off and they’d attach a cow bell to it … I had nightmares for weeks :-/

I used to walk to school in 5 feet of snow every morning at 6 AM. Uphill both ways for 5 miles, never got a ride in 12 years of school, and you’re asking for a drive on a sunny day like today?

My dad jokingly told that to my brother all the time, and of course he being an idiot, believed him