Princess Bride Quotes - Fun things in Life

“I understand, you are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen”\r\rpj\r\rBeat ya to it Uppy.

just barely… I had to delete my post. :lol: \r\rThis is what I wrote in my first post… if it’s too much rules for you, just ignore them… it’s just a curtasy rule. :wink: \r\rThought it might be better to quote here than all over the place.\r\rIf you’re a fan of PB, then you shouldn’t have any trouble understanding Phil’s and my fascination with this movie. If you havent’ seen it, then you’re a social disgrace and should be shot… ok well maybe not shot, but definitely beated black and blue with a luke warm trout.\r\rThe goal is to post as many quotes from Princess bride as possible, without repeating them. The only rule is, one quote per post (I believe that spam protection is “on” so that should keep phil from posting all the good quotes in a day (not that there are any bad quotes from that movie)).\r\rException: There’s always an exception to the rule. Exception A) no one’s going to enforce the rule… so it’s really not that relivant, and B) if you have an exchange which requires two people talking back and forth in dorder to complete the quote, then put the whole thing in… \r\r\r"One more step and I cut her throat."\r\r"Then we are at an impass."\r\r"Apparently so, since I’m no match for your strength, and you’re no match for my brains."\r\r"You’re that smart eh?"\r\r"Ever hear of Plato? Aristotle, Socrates?"\r\r"Yes"\r\r"Morons".

I think, personally, that anyone who breaks the non-rule rules should be dragged into the pit of despair and hooked up to the machine;\r\r “Now, tell me exactly what you felt, and please, do be completely honest, as this is for the sake of posterioty…”\r\r “uhh, ahhh, uhh, uh.” (Said in whimpering, just been tortured tones)\r\r ‘Interesting, very interesting’\r

“As you wish.”

“Farmboy, polish my saddle, I want to see my face shining in it by the morning”\r\r ‘As you wish’\r\r Now the only thing Farmboy ever said to her was. ‘As you wish’…Nothing else.\rAnd then one day, when he was in the house, she asked him for something, and it was that day she realized that what he was really saying when he said ‘As you wish’ was that he loved her… (Peter Faulk)\r\r “Farmboy, fetch me that pitcher”\r\r 'As you…Wish"

“Hold it hold it… is this a kissing book?” Fred Savage

'Boo, booo…‘Here she is, the Queen of garbage, the Queen of refuse, Go ahead and bow to her, bow, bow to the the queen of putrecence…Bow down, bow down before her…Booo, boooo’ (Said in rather old knarly hag type voiceover)\r\r ‘Why do you say such things?’\r\r ‘Because you had true love and he lives, and you marry another. Boo, Boooo, boooo.’

“I’m on the brutt squad.”\r\r"you ARE the brutt squad."

We can survive the Fire Swamp. Actually I think it might make an ideal place for a summer home…Someday. \r\r And what are the 3 dangers of the Fire Swamp? The fire spurts, which we can learn to avoid as they make a popping sound right before they go off, the lightning sand, and we have survuved that, and of course the ROUS’s. Personally, I don’t even think they exist.\r\r Wesley; “What is a ROUS anyway?” \r ‘Why, Rodents Of Unusual Size, but you should know that.’\r\r

:wink: \r\r"Do you think it’s a trap?"\r"I always think everything is a trap, that is why I’m still alive."

’ I’m sorry, I’m kind of busy, I have Guilders 500th anniversery to prepare for, my wedding is tonight and my wifes murder to plot’\r\r ‘I understand, it takes a toll on oneself to be King…’\r\r ‘…Try ruling the World someday’\r\rpj

I just love that movie. But I had to watch it one more time to remember the quotes exactly. Is that against the rule ?\r\ronload {quotes.count=0 ;}\r\r[Buttercup kisses the senile King.]\rKing.quote = “What was that for?”\rButtercup.quote = “Because you have always been so kind to me, and I won’t be seeing you again since I’m killing myself once we reach the honeymoon suite.”\rKing.quote = “Won’t that be nice. She kissed me!”\r\rquote.count ++ ;\rpom

Montoya: You are sure nobody’s follow’ us?\rVizzini: As I told you, it would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable! No one in Guilder knows what we’ve done, and no one in Florin could have gotten here so fast. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?\rInigo Montoya: No reason. It’s only… I just happened to look behind us and something is there.

Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.\rWestley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

"And in that say I shall say to the 6 fingered man;\r ‘Hello, my name is Anigo Montoya. You killed my Father, prepare to die’ "

Westley: You mean, you’ll put down your rock and I’ll put down my sword, and we’ll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Vizzini: Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!

‘I do not envy the headache you wil have when you awaken, but relax and sleep tight and dream of large women’

Vizzini: Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!\r\rSorry Ilyas, no credit for the last one, it was started outside this thread. HA!

Westley: Give us the gate key.\rYellin: I have no gate key.\rInigo Montoya: Fezzik, tear his arms off.\rYellin: Oh, you mean “this” gate key.