Princess Bride Quotes - Fun things in Life

“Maywage, bwessed maywage. Maywage is what bwings us together today. Wove, Twue wove…”

bear in mind this: my quotes are from the book, with vague recolections of the movie.

“Hello there!”
<Grunt> from below.
“I have been watching you… Slow going.”
“Look, I don’t mean to be rude, but I’m rather busy just now, so try not to distract me.”
“I’m sorry”
Inigo pacing
“I don’t suppose you could speed things up?”
“If you want to speed things up you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.”
“I could do that. I have this peice of rope here we didn’t need when we made our origional climb. I could drop it down to you, but I don’t think you would accept my help, as I am only waiting around to kill you.”
“That does tend to put a damper on our relationship, I’m afraid you’ll just have to wait.”
“I could give you my word as a Spaniad.”
“No good, I’ve known too many Spaniards.”
“I’m going crazy up here.”
“Anytime you want to change places, I’d be too happy to accept.”
“I swear on the soul of my father Domingo Montoya you will reach the top alive.”
“Throw me the rope.”

“Then why are you smiling? Because, I know something that you do not know. I am not left handed…”

“why are YOU smiling?”,
“Because I am not left handed either.”

‘I would much rather smash in a stain glassed window than to kill a work of art such as yourself, but because I cannot have you following me…’ (Klunk)

‘I will never love again’

“Are not capable of love is what you mean.”
“I have loved more deeply than a killer like you could ever know!”
<hold’s up hand>
“The next one I let fly. Where I come from there are penalties when a woman lies.”

Note: in the book he actually slaps her. :wink:

i love that movie =]

“Sir, you keep using that word. I do not think it means precisely what you think it means…” Inigo Montoya, top of the Cliff

Come on Phil, stay focused !
pom 0]

What part of the movie was that phrom, don’t remember anyone named phil.And wheres your quote, your out of order…

“I will never love again”

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can fuss.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss… I think he like to scream at us.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no harm.
Fezzik: He’s really very short on charm.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that!
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead!
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it!
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

pom 0]

‘Where were you when I found you?’
You were so slobbering drunk you couldn’t even buy BRANDY?\

‘And you, you hippopotomic landmass, where were you? You were unemployed in GREENLAND’?

Kid “A book?”
Grandfather “That’s right, when I was your age, television was called books; And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick and I used to read it to your father…and today, I’m gonna read it to you.”
Kid “Does it got any sports in it?”
Grandfather “Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles.”
Kid “It doesn’t sound too bad. I’ll try and stay awake.”

Buttercup “I’m afraid I’ll never see you again…”
Westley “Of course you will.”
Buttercup “But what if something happens to you?”
Westley “Hear this now, I will always come for you.”
Buttercup “But how can you be sure?”
Westley “This is true love. You think this happens every day?”

Narrator “Westley didn’t reach his destination. His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts, who never left captives alive. When Buttercup got the news that Westley was murdered…”
Kid “Murdered by pirates is good!”

Vizzini “A word my lady? …We are but poor lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?”
Buttercup “There is nothing nearby. Not for miles.”
Vizzini “Then there will be no one to hear you scream…”

Vizzini “Inconceivable!! Give her to me! Catch up with us
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp quickly!”
Fezzik “What do I do?”
Vizzini “Finish him! Finish him…your way…”
Fezzik “Oh good. My way. Thank you Vizzini. Which way’s my way?”
Vizzini “Pick up one of those rocks, get behind a boulder, and in a few minutes the man in black will come running around the bend. The minute his HEAD is in view hit it with the rock!”
Fezzik “My way is not very sportsman-like.”

Man in black “You guessed wrong.”
Vizzini “You only think I guessed wrong! That’s what’s so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha, you fool!! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia; and only slightly less well known is this: Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!”

Humperdink “Surrender!”
Westley “You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well then, I accept.”