Pull information from URL

nope, just use php to fill it in, let me get you the code

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
 codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
 WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="400" ALIGN="">
  <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="url_function.swf?<?php echo $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']; ?>"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF> <EMBED src="url_function.swf?<?php echo $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']; ?>" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF  WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="400" ALIGN=""
 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

is my code, it simply copies the code the get variables from the url and pastes them in

edit: seems I’ve confused the highlighter, but it works anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all your help…

I will grab your file and code and work on it after… (need sleep)

I dunno what I would do without ya :smiley:

your very welcome :smiley:

I haven’t had a chance to play with this, had to nap for a couple of hours in 24…

.swf?<?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?>">

Is that returning the Host number 5214 ? and not the bit after .html?

that returns everything after the ? in the url

Well I knew Lost was a Flash Genius…

Now I will have to give you that rating too. :slight_smile:

really?? neeto stupedo :stuck_out_tongue:

he he
:bu: :toad: :flower: :link:
k… now I feel gay :stuck_out_tongue: so I’ll shut up :stuck_out_tongue:
but thanks :wink:

Can I be a pain and get you update that link with the new .html and swf ?

I tried adding this to my html, if it is returning anything I am not getting it…
?<?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?>

Sorry for being a pain :frowning:

I don’t understand what you’re asking? :huh:, are you saying that it doesn’t work because you have .html and it needs to be .php?

No I am using the .html

It needs to be .html

.swf? that worked… (but then you can’t control the movie size.)

.php? won’t work because it prints/echo’s to the browser (and not to flash)

.html? I still can’t get to work :frowning:

I tried _root.url with the <?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?>
But that returns the url of the .swf with <?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?> attached.

you’re not going to be aboe to use php with a .html extension? in that case?

but make sure the echo is inside the url of the swf, like in my code, it was: VALUE=“url_function.swf?<?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?>”

VALUE=“url_function.swf?<?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?>”

yeah I tried that, but it didn’t return anything…

Did it work for you in a .html ?

you can’t use php in a .html document

Thats what I thought… oh well…

Back to the java…

can you not use php? well, you could still use the flash part… just devide the url in half at the ? and pass everything to the flash movie like I did, but the string after the ? and don’t forget to include the ? in the url of course before the string though :wink:

Let me see if I get this…

use

.php?id=8&code=d02d84

VALUE=“activate.swf?<?php echo $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]; ?>”

Then do _root.url in flash ?

yeah, but you also have to set the url to be like that in the other place in the html, because you call the swf twice usually because of stupid browser bugs :P, anyways, that’s right as long as you update it in both places…

edit: wait no, if you’re in the root, just say id, it’s automatically set as a variable, no need to get the url

I have the Java script sending the URL to Flash.

it sends it to a text box with a var: myVar

Now I am trying to work out how to not display it in a text box and use it.

so the entire url is sent? why do you have javascript sending it? so you can’t use php again? remember, flash can just get the variables from the url it was called from :wink: