# Question about DNS transfer

**URL:** <https://forum.kirupa.com/t/question-about-dns-transfer/62645>\
**Category:** Uncategorized\
**Created:** [August 30, 2004, 6:09am UTC](https://forum.kirupa.com/t/question-about-dns-transfer/62645 "2004-08-30T06:09:35Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 3\
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![Rockstar](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/r/73ab20/32.png) [@Rockstar](https://forum.kirupa.com/u/Rockstar)\
**Post date:** [August 30, 2004, 6:09am UTC](https://forum.kirupa.com/t/question-about-dns-transfer/62645/1 "2004-08-30T06:09:35Z")

</div>

We just transfered to a new web server yesterday around 8.00pm, today it’s already 11:06pm [more than 24 hrs]. We’ve been told that we need to wait 48-72 hrs until it’s resolving.  
I checked our website today around 1pm, and it was working already [less than 24 hrs] however till now the site has been down more than 20 times.

I don’t know what exactly is going on here, could it be that I need to wait intil 72 hours to make it steady? I don’t know how it works.

Thank you

note: i use ipowerweb.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![system](https://canada1.discourse-cdn.com/flex011/uploads/kirupa/original/3X/6/2/621e5c11736f46532526e61be85940af4230f3e5.png) [@system](https://forum.kirupa.com/u/system)\
**Post date:** [August 30, 2004, 6:30am UTC](https://forum.kirupa.com/t/question-about-dns-transfer/62645/2 "2004-08-30T06:30:10Z")

</div>

I’ve never had a problem with IPower. It should be up and running smoothly in 24 hours, but I wouldn’t call or worry until 48 hours have passed. Wait another day and if there are still issues just give them a call.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![system](https://canada1.discourse-cdn.com/flex011/uploads/kirupa/original/3X/6/2/621e5c11736f46532526e61be85940af4230f3e5.png) [@system](https://forum.kirupa.com/u/system)\
**Post date:** [August 30, 2004, 7:42am UTC](https://forum.kirupa.com/t/question-about-dns-transfer/62645/3 "2004-08-30T07:42:35Z")

</div>

yes exactly, I use ipowerweb too, that’s why I convinced my client to switch to ipowerweb… yea I’m gonna wait until 48 hours have passed.

thanks for the suggestion tho
