Raising Daisy : Gopher Shooting Spree

[font=Trebuchet MS]Howdy Everyone[/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]After being a long time lurker and enjoying this site and its wealth of information; [/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]I decided to come out of the shadows, create a game and enter this contest.[/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]This is a game made to simulate and reproduce the simplicity of a classic western tradition; Gopher Shooting! The Richardson Ground Squirrel can be quite a pest to farmers and ranchers while being a skill testing target as well.[/font]
http://www.fndzinz.com/Fexampl/RaisDais.html
[font=Trebuchet MS]Being new to FLASH Game making, but not to FLASH or games either; has made this a neat way of learning alot of ‘new to me’ features while being able to use OO methods to structure and create a basically single frame game with all motion and speed controlled programaticlly. This ‘should’ allow for most systems to have the same play experience(once the basic requirements are met).[/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]I hope you enjoy it.[/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]Findal[/font]

thats really cool, and REALLY HARD!! I think mabye the gun jiggles a little too much? But yeah, definitely a cool game, man.

Hi
Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:
This game was made and tested using a box running Win XP on a AMD2000XP+ with a Radeon 9000 video card and optical mouse.
I had hoped that its processor requirements would fall into the normal range and speeds would remain constant across machines using intervals and tweens to control timing.
Seems I was mistaken. :frowning:

I score about 60+ on round 1 and can make it to round 6 or 7 most times. This was my anticipated scoring level after a few attempts; for players to achieve.

Anyone else find it too ‘fast’ or ‘difficult’ ?
Is it too fast for most folks?
Is it a processor issue?

I could tweak or remove the ‘realism factor’ of the gun movement, but that was a large part of the design and scaled difficulity factor.

Any suggestions?
(Not to improve my contest entry, but to make a better game in future)

Thanks
Findal

i found it very easy, but maybe I wasn’t doing it right, I just keep hitting the coyote, and after a while i got boored at round 1, with 109 seconds remaining and 442 points =)

you should make it so you can’t hit the coyote more than once, because I was able to hit the coyote 5-7 times each time he ran across the screen, didn’t even have to shot gophers =)

and I didn’t cheat by pausing or anything, and I have a highspec machine, so I experienced no lag at all, and If I’m not mistaken the gun always ends up in the same spot no matter how much it jiggles, and when you have that in mind, aiming isn’t that hard, cool game otherwise, love the jiggly gun =)

yes i agree with makecake, this game becomes easy if you just keep hitting the coyote