Sigh...hope springs eternal

Ok
Imagine that someone approached you who knew nothing whatsoever about Windows Word…but he wanted to make a letterhead, and that was all he wanted to do…nothing else! …Ok now I could show him how to do that…I would think that maybe him not wanting to know about anything else Word had to offer meant that maybe he was missing out on a lot…but still I could tell/show him how to do make his letterhead. Getting the picture?

Ok…now I make cd autorun menus…I make quite a lot of them…and in my own limited way I am quite good at making them with the software I am accustomed to using (Style Skin & Autorun Maestro)

But I want to make FLASH cd autorun menus.

I AM fairly fluent in photoshop…

I HAVE software that can make sexy flash buttons…

I CAN import and place them in Flash MX…

But thats it…now what I would love to be able to do is to be able to run commands from those sexy buttons…to…for example run .exe files…open specific file formats on command…open specific folders on the cd rom…in other words make a cd autorun menu in flash, but i know next to nothing about flash…and though this might sound like heresy on a forum like this…i dont really want to learn the depths and intricasies of flash…jusy enough to make my cd autorun menus…

Now as I was saying…if a Joe came up to me and asked me to explain in language that a dummy would understand…how to make a letterhead in Word…I think I could tell/show him how to do that in a fairly uncomplicated straightforward way…knowing that he had had NO UNDERSTANDING of the language of Word at all…

Now what do you think my chances are of finding out what I would like to know in a similar manner…

I posted this request on Flashkit but I got technicaly overloaded replies which I knew too little of flash to understand.

Grateful thanks and link to my ftp site for drop dead georgeous high res’ stock photo images to anyone who can be bothered to take the time to inform me about this…might even pay someone for a simple screen video tutorial on the subject of running commands from flash.

sigh…hope springs eternal…

eden