So i hear MS is trying to patent the double click

Uh, yeah, actually Mac OS came before Windows.

Of course it didn’t come before DOS.

And as for the mouse: Two people went into the Xerox warehouse to steal the mouse. When Bill Gates got there, he found that someone had already stolen it. That would be Steve Jobs. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: As the proud owner of a PDA, I can tell you that Double-clicks (or taps in this case) are highly uneconomical. Require too much energy.

I didn’t think you could use a mouse in DOS…

yeah. as someone said, Xerox first, then Apple, then M$.
i dont see how m$ could patent it…

That’s mhittymuckstuff. Patent the double click…gimme a break.

the double click is entertaining. A friend of mine was over the other week using my computer and he was double, triple, quadruple, clicking everything. I left hime to click to his hearts desire all the while chuckling to myself while watching tv in the next room. “click, click”…“click, click”…“click, click” “click, click”…“click, click”…“click, click”“click, click”“click, click”“click, click” :lol:

if you read… its for the PDA’s

Also, the other side is that another company could sue MS for having double clicks on their PDA’s. MS has been sued for stupid software patents in the past, so they could be trying to run out the supply by patenting stuff themselves.

further proof that Kirupaforum and molson don’t mix well

:beer:

Um since when have the actions of human beings (as in movement etc. etc…) been patented… lol… even if its on the PDA’s a guy still has to tap… and that motion is called double clicking. How can you put a patent on that?!