String manipulations

You split at “,”, hue? And how many “,” do you have, Eyez? :stuck_out_tongue:

Fais ch… LOL ta gueule! :stuck_out_tongue: (je rigole…)
ok, replace the ones between the [] by sthing else to split…

:stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by ilyaslamasse *
“Strings are a very particular kind of arrays… Or do you disagree?”

i disagree. a string is a flat, literal datatype. an array is more like a reference to information. it can contain strings, objects, more arrays, booleans, etc. just about anything, and just about any number of anything.

ever loaded a bunch of movie references into an array to work with all of them at once? try that with a string. sure, you could have them comma delimited and then split them into an array and then evaluate th… hold on, did you just change it into an array? see what i mean?

it’s not that they have no similarities, it’s just that they have so many more differences.

Hmm… [SIZE=1]I’m just arguing now because French people have to argue to the death…even if they’re wrong (I’m not saying it is the case here :P)[/SIZE]

OK, no, forget it. I’m convinced :slight_smile: Even though you’ll agree that Arrays and Strings are a bit alike :stuck_out_tongue: [SIZE=1]Overwhelming Frenchood mode engaged[/SIZE]

pom :asian:

ilyaslamasse.removeMovieClip(now);
discussion.stop(now);
var useless = true;

if (useless == true){
var funny = true also;
}else{
lol;
}

I like this thread, let’s put it in an array!
Then we split it up between all posters,
parse it, send it to an XML socket and
unescape everything before going nuts…

:stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: =)

nice code there eyez… I almost wet myself. (no not really… it’s just an expression. been using roflmao too many times lately)

Hey you can’t remove me like that! Read the AS dictionary more carefully

[SIZE=3]Ilyaslamasse.overWhelmingFrenchhood[/SIZE]

**Syntax **

myIlyaslamasse.overWhelmingFrenchhood=true;

**Arguments **

none

**Description **

Property; turns your Ilyaslamasse object into a super object, impossible to delete, and subsequently never wrong about anything.

**Player **

Flash 5 or later.

**Example **

The following example creates an Ilyaslamasse and use the overWhelmingFrenchhood property.

myI=new Ilyaslamasse();
myS=new Supra();
myE=new EyezBerg();
myI.overWhelmingFrenchhood=true;
myE.deleteMovieClip(myI);
// returns false
myS.isWrong(myI);
//returns true

pom :asian: