SVG SMIL probably here to stay

I don’t need a plugin and I don’t exclusively use SMIL either (its not all or nothing), like I said from the start.

Thanks for avoiding my posts.

Oh ok …

The one thing you keep referencing is icons, thats what you’ve stated you do the most of. Those generally don’t have vast complexity regarding structure so whats hindering you from adding SMIL manually to animate them? You’ve declared browser support is finally here and SMIL is beyond wonderful and that you don’t require a plugin for SVG & SMIL.

So just get on with it “mate” and be a “champ” about it.

Not to reengage all of this, but today I inadvertently noticed your JS suggestion.

For the record SVG can be compromised in various ways other than just by JS. So much more than that would need changed / dismantled if security is the ultimate concern. But rather than purging and crippling the usefulness of the SVG spec of all these. Its more advantageous that platforms take it upon themselves to remove such SVG exploit avenues upon usage/upload/submission. Obviously Facebook, Twitter etc., see no upside in doing so or a benefit to offering SVG support in general for their users given it could easily be done upon upload.

I don’t think we should remove common usefulness across the SVG specification because some may choose to exploit it. If thats the mindset we should all then remove the windows from our homes. :wink:

I thought you were done stalking me…
Obviously not…
Since when do people like you complain about not having ‘inline’ scripts in SVG?
If SVG can be used in more places, so be it…
If not, would it matter if you couldn’t embed your JS?

I’m not sure how you can equate me looking through a public repo as part of your continued delusions as seen throughout this thread. Trust me you’re not that important regardless if you feel you are - much like your desire to see SVG propelled onto platforms that obviously see little benefit in it.

It seems you didn’t comprehend that such things can be dynamically stripped from an SVG. So why don’t you instead knock on the doors of Facebook, Twitter and email clients and express to them what they are missing out on. I’m sure it’s just something they overlooked that only you noticed and will hurriedly change their stance once you express how they could exponentially increase profits with this singular change of heart. Then when your done with that you can be closer to your comment above that SVG works everywhere. I’m still waiting for all those other examples that you never provided. Glad I could educate you above on the email inadequacies so you could then in turn submit your request and act as if you knew it previously. Though its clear above that you did not since it was your prime example of where SVG works. :—)

Maybe you should stalk yourself and work together to try to make better sense. :smile:

Moderator note: This thread is getting a bit out of hand; let’s keep it civil.

2 Likes