The Butterfly Effect

Ok, I am just jumping in at the end of the thread here, but I have to say that I really enjoyed this movie and thought he actually, besides what everyone else seems to think, did a good job acting.

I have not yet seen the dvd directors cut but I think I like that ending even more, I will have to watch and see for my self.

I think it was a very well done flick with a very cool premis.

Well, I **just **watched this movie over grinchy’s house, and I have to say…marvolous! I’m still thinking about the whole concept, as well as anyone else who has seen this movie. I thought it would suck (Ashton Kucher…haha ya right) but i was wrong…really wrong. So all in all, if you havent seen this movie yet just one thing’s left to be done…SEE IT!!!:drool:

[color=black][font=Arial][font=Comic Sans MS]I loved this movie. I like movies were they show the ending in the beginning and when they go back to it at the end your like wow I almost forgot about that and you make a connection.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][font=Comic Sans MS] [/font][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][font=Comic Sans MS]I did not like the directors cut I thought it was kind of dumb I don’t know how a baby could strangle himself but besides that would’nt his mom just go crazy after having 3 stillborn children. I know she adopts kids but it’s just not the same.[/font][/font][/color]

[font=‘Times New Roman’][font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS] But I kind of like that Aston would kill himself I personally cant stand the guy after doing a show like punked.[/font][/font]

I think the best and most disturbing scene was the young crazy kid plummeling the guy with the movie stanstion (sp?)

I look at young kids at the theaters different and stay far away…

oh yeah! That is wild, I mean that little kid just drops that guy. dayum! Im keeping away from all intimidating little kids.

yah I second (er thrid) the little kid part. He was mad crazy.

And I also second the strangling thing. Thought it a bit, well I wanna say far fetched, but can’t really make that argument to this kind of movie… it’s just, I don’t know… I liked that he died, cause I really like movies that do different things, although the other ending sounds just as good.

When he set fire to the dog, that was pretty disturbing too :frowning:

I know I should value human life more than animal life, but I see humans getting beaten up at the movies all the time - animals are something new. Just the sound of him wimpering was enough to make me want to leave the room.

I hear you guy. I am usually not disturbed by anything violent. Christ, I grew up on Nightmare on Elm Street , Firday the 13th and any other hack and slash fick I could get my grubby little hands on…But that scene did bother me too.

Well I think I have totally understoof the whole movie, from watching it 3 times within 2 days. Did you guys remember how she said she had 3 still births? Well I found out that the other two, were his grandfather and father. What’s happening is, it’s all the same person, a hueg cycle. I learned a lot in science class, and watching this movie. And in the end, his mom is holding a baby, what does that mean? It starts again :wink:

I saw it more as…

The first two stillborns were kids that did the same thing as him. Were born… grew up and started messing with the past and ended up killing themselves. So his brothers or sisters, whomever killed themselves just like him. His mom couldn’t have been giving birth to his dad… that makes no sense.

As for the kid at the end. She was with another guy so the curse that was carried down by the men in that family ended with the dad, like he said it should in the institution.

Maybe you need to see it a 4th time :wink:

Actually no Ethan, your wrong. My science teacher told our class the theory of time travel, and what he said makes total sense. His father, grandfather were him, but all at different times. Maybe you need to see it again :wink:

Oh and my friend has just made a great point! Remember in the begining when ashton was running in the samething that happened in the end? Well that was his father, doing the same thing. Remember when the doc said that his father was asking for the same thing? Asking for like a photo album. The granpa, father, and him, are the same.

Explain then how his father was his mothers child?
I’m all for hearing a good explanation other than they live in Alabama.

Thanks for the laugh Ethan :slight_smile:

Whoa,
I thought I just wrote an explanation, but now it’s gone? Ok, well to shorten it up, he didn’t have a father or a grandfather, they were all the same person, but in different ages. Trust me, my science teacher explained it all.

ok. I trust you then :crazy:

So he had no father… He’s the baby Jesus!
How do you explain the interactio he had with his father?

Ok guys… I’m going to tell you the story, which is extremely hard to explain, and my friend and I are consultign about it now. But to say a point, when he was walking around, he went to a bar. And on the way to the bar, he saw a little boy sitting on the stairs. He didn’t know who he was, but looked very familiar. So he walks up to the bar, and there is a girl standing next to the entrance. She looks good, amusing to him, and she also looks familiar. So he walks in and notices the bar tender, looks familiar also, but has no idea who he is. The thing was that in one of the trips, he had a baby with a girl. And that kid was born. Then after he went ether back or forth, I can’t remember, but he had to get a sex change, due to a government mission. In one of his other travels, he became a bar tender. So initially he has created copies of himself all throught different time periods. I’m really sorry I can’t explain this thoroughly, but I know it all makes sense. If you’d like, I could find out more about this theory, and prove it.

My teacher told me the story a while back, about 3 months ago. It was tough to remember, but I’ll email him and ask.

grinch, you are looking WAY to into things. It’s a trait.

Remember when the doc said that his father was asking for the same thing? Asking for like a photo album. The granpa, father, and him, are the same.

No, he was looking for something because he had to remember in order to go back to the memory. He didn’t get to “live out multiple lives”. He just got to go back and change things, and experience what happened after that blackout later in life, but change it. His father had blackouts too. Its a generation thing. He doesn’t have “multiple lives”. He wouldn’t be able to loop back into his own universe with multiple people. The alternate universes either cease to exist, or he transposes them. He can’t interact with the past and go back to the same future.

grinch, now you’re just wasting my time…

lol. They AREN’T the same people… What is your science teachers “theory of time”? In the movie, they stress that only one thing happens, but there are infinite possibilities.

Ok guys… I’m going to tell you the story, which is extremely hard to explain, and my friend and I are consultign about it now. But to say a point, when he was walking around, he went to a bar. And on the way to the bar, he saw a little boy sitting on the stairs. He didn’t know who he was, but looked very familiar. So he walks up to the bar, and there is a girl standing next to the entrance. She looks good, amusing to him, and she also looks familiar. So he walks in and notices the bar tender, looks familiar also, but has no idea who he is. The thing was that in one of the trips, he had a baby with a girl. And that kid was born. Then after he went ether back or forth, I can’t remember, but he had to get a sex change, due to a government mission. In one of his other travels, he became a bar tender. So initially he has created copies of himself all throught different time periods. I’m really sorry I can’t explain this thoroughly, but I know it all makes sense. If you’d like, I could find out more about this theory, and prove it.

Where in the !@#$ did you get this?!?!?! Sex change? The underlying theme is that it all ends up never happening anyway.