The Village

Who is dying to see this like me? Man this movie is freeking me out just from the previews. I cant wait to see it, though ill probably have nightmares lol :lol:

This is for sure on my ā€œIn theatersā€ list.

I need to see the bourne supremecy first though.

Whats M nights fetish with reusing main characters across movies.

Bruce willis in sixth sense / Bruce willis in unbreakable

Dude from signs in signs / Dude from signs in the village.

Is that a problem?

Itā€™s kinda like De Niro being seen in a lot of Scorcese movies. I think you are referring to Joacquin Phoenix ([size=1]sp? itā€™s even weirder than my name[/size]) - the one from Gladiator? He seems like a pretty good actor.

Regarding the Village, I stopped seeing scary movies because they areā€¦wellā€¦too scary :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh Iā€™m not too impressed with shamalamalamalamalayan. Iā€™m not too big into scary movies but signs just sucked, ubreakable was a joke, and the sixth sense was moderate I guess. If I wanted to see a scary movie Iā€™d go elsewhere.

lol, 28, what movies actually ARE scary? :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ve seen a lot of ā€œhorrorā€ flicks and the likings, but Iā€™ve never been scared sh!tless :slight_smile:

my gf on the other hand cowers when Signs is mentioned, she hates that flick :stuck_out_tongue:

but she freaks at any movie with blood in it :slight_smile:

as long as the monsters in the village dont turn out to be aliens bent on taking over the world i think it will be a good horror movie.

i freaked out in signs until the end when it go ruined

Yeah, Iā€™m with Eilsoe. Never really been to a movie I considered scary.

I donā€™t think Shyamalanā€™s movies are scary as much as they are thought-provoking. They usually have a pretty decent message or moral to them, all the ā€œscaryā€ stuff is just to keep you watching, IMO.

well the preview was good enough to make me want to see it :krazy:

I dunno, I just googled the trailer (long, HUGE trailer), and it looked much like Signs :-/

bliss-bliss-monsters-coming-letā€™s-go-hideā€¦ same storyā€¦

I might rent it :slight_smile:

edit

I think for me it doesnā€™t sork because it has Phoenix in it, it reminds me too much of Signsā€¦ also, the image section on the official site, the last picture, isnā€™t that Ray Reddy from Signs??

I was watching an interview with Shyamalan a few weeks ago and he was talking about a scene in the movie that they had to remove sound effects for to get it a PG-13 rating.

The SOUND EFFECTS gave it an R rating! They werenā€™t even showing anything!

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m still dreaming of the day the makers of the Silent Hill series team up with some psycho and makes the scariest piece of sh!t the world has ever seen :stuck_out_tongue:

OH, to top it off, have the makers of Project Zero in on it too :beam:

oh yeahā€¦ im going to watch it friday

[s]Yes a big problem. A problem so frickin big it keeps me up at night. I was thinking about that the outher day and got so confussed I forgot I was straight and made out with a dude.

After that I was in my living room thinking about it again. When I came to my senses I had severed off all the limbs of my roomate and was packaging them in ziplock bags to cook and consume later.

Twisted stuff[/s]

Just the limbs?

Yeah thats him. I see what your saying. It just struck me funny he was casted for 2 flicks back to back.