Transition of alpha via Action Script

Wow!
Randomize an array—That’s a very smart move–never thought about it.
It works wonderful and you are my hero.
Many thanks!

p.s. why do you call yourself “failed scripter”?

Glad everything works out for ya :wink:

And I call myself “failed scripter” because… uhhh… I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, Lostinbeta:

Knock, knock again. but I hope you do not see me as a pain…

These photos in the gallary is relatively small. If all those images are large sized, say 750 by 420, resulting 900K+ for each image, should I concern about preloader? A preloader loads all images before the movie performs(auto run every 5 seconds, fade in and out…)?
Please see:
http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25488

Do I need it?
If yes, how do I insert them into the code you helped developed so far??

Thanks, you are my only help.

The code already has a built in preloader :wink:

You just have to edit it to do what you want.

[AS]MovieClip.prototype.loadMeter = function() {
var i, l, t;
l = this.photo.getBytesLoaded();
t = this.photo.getBytesTotal();
if (t>0 && t == l) {
this.onEnterFrame = fadeIn;
} else {
trace(l/t);
}
};[/AS]

NOTE: I posted that to help you find it in the script, THIS CODE ALREADY EXISTS IN THE SCRIPT, just making sure you don’t add it twice :wink:

I did look at above code, and wondered whether it’s preloader or not, or good enough for handling the larger image…

Thanks a ton, Lostinbeta! you guy rocks!

:wink: no problem.

Hi, LostinBeta:

I am quite happy with what I’ve been helped on this photo gallery so far. But I have my butts kicked by someone who want to add in captioning for each photo and a photo number indicator. I tried and tried and appearantly I am not good enough to pull it out. So I have no where to turn to but you.:*(

1. caption for each photo:
    I made text file named “animation.txt” with “&image1= this is pea****, &image2=this is elephant, &image3…” and I put a dynamic text field with instance name of “caption”.

I put this on top of all the code:
“LoadVariablesNum(“animation.txt”, 0);”
then I put under “LoadMovie(this.pathtoPics + this.pArray…”:
“caption.text=eval(this.pArray[0]);”

The text field shows nothing. what is the correct code to make caption.text display the right text for each photo displayed?

1. photo number indicator:
    for each photo displayed, it will show : 1 of 10, 2 of 10, 3 of 10…
    I have 2 text fields with instance names of “currentNum” and “totalNum”. Then at the very end of all the code I put:
    “currentNum.text=this.pIndex;
    totalNum.text=this.pArray.length;”

well, I got totalNum display the correct number, but the currentNum always stay at “1”, no matter how photo has been changed. I guess I missed something, but I could not figure it out. (note: the original file start with image0, for this purpose I want to start with image1, so I changed “this.pIndex=0” to “this.pIndex=1”).

Thanks again, Lostinbeta!

Hi LIB-
Someone referred me to this thread as a source for using AS to alpha some bitmap images in a fla I am working on. Well I downloaded the fadetest.fla and it works great.
I was just wondering how to go the opposite way on this- to take an image that is set to alpha 0 and then fade it in.
:bounce:

Hi there -

This is really great!

I’m just not sure about where the “delete this.onEnterFrame” goes in order to make it not repete -

Can you help?

Thanks!!!