Where is your sound though?

HEHEHE:P

Hey guys!, yeah i have been reading, and looking at the words you guys have been testing out!

It’s pretty funny!

Sintax321: coz of your help, i have all this stuff working thanks!
by the way, that link i gave you on the other post ( bout external swf’s ), dont worry i wont have that site up there for long, not like people go there! So please dont think im trying to copy your sounds!!
Coz im not!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hey don’t worry about it. And they are just FLashkit loops so they are free for anybody to use. Just because I used them doesn’t mesn you couldn’t. I have no rights over them so go nuts.:slight_smile:

I agree with David.

You guys wonder why words have lost their impact? Frail novelites wear thin. Freedom of speech tends to shackle, not empower, us on many accounts.

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” That is such a lame mentality. Dig deeper. Don’t be weenies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Carry on … and let the mud fly! :evil:

:asian:

In the midst of the great Pie War … Thomas the Asparagus shouts, “Hey, that’s not how you spell NOVELTIES!”

splat

Right-o, Thomas, ol’ chap. Thanks for the cue.

:asian:

It never ceases to amaze me how when a person comes to a forum for help, that person doesn’t care if he/she offends anyone…

I was taught to respect others, and their feelings…

I feel the same for the non-topical topics just entered to get your thread extra attention. If your thread isn’t getting help, there may be a reason, and it may not be because no one knows, but because of the lack of respect shown on previous threads…

Just my opinion…

Rev:elderly:

For the longest time it was just me, dave, and urban scrawl. Using this thread. We have had about three threads like this before were no one else was coming. As far as we new nobody else was coming into these threads so we felt free to joke around. IT IS JUST A JOKE. Don’t make it out to be something bigger than that. We were just trying to have a little fun with the Language filter. If you go check our other posts you will see we haven’t used this type of language in any of the other posts. You guys are dwelling on 3 posts in one thread. We weren’t using the laungauge in a mean way or putting anybody down with it.

I have lots of respect for other people and there fellings. And if you read through the other posts in this thread you will see I had helped with everybodys problem already. We didn’t use the language to get extra attention as far as we new no one else was coming to this thread. So come on guys lighten up and take it as the joke it was ment to be.:slight_smile:
Sorry to get a little mad no hard feelings:)

no hard feelings, but this <i>is</i> a public forum… anybody can and will check out any thread, nothing here is private (except the obvious), if you want to “chat” privately, use the PM…

You wouldn’t yell that language in a large crowd… I ask the same here.

The attention I spoke of was the false topics used to attract attention to certain threads…

Rev

:elderly:

you do havea point with the large crowd idea. I’ll keep that in mind. As for the false title thing this was just an accedental contiueation of another thread. Dave created this thread thinking he was posting a reply thats all (but you might not have even ment this forum I don’t know). ya but the miss labeled thread names make me mad too. When I make a thread I do my best to explane as much as I can in the title so people aren’t confused when they come to read it. Sometimes i mabye even put in to much info:)

I was referring to “oral sex” and “how to be popular”

threads not started by you…

I don’t think the thread is about that…

Ya I figued so.:slight_smile:

Good Reverend - I’m sure that you get the references inherent within those titles, don’t you?

Oral Sex, was a post about sound, admittedly it should therefore have been ‘Aural Sex’ but that’s a fine distiction given it’s the same pun. So long as the threads general theme is clear why should there be a problem?

Similarly ‘How to be Popular’ was about Pop ups, is there any reason I should have written ‘How to fix Pop-ups’ when clicking on it clearly reveals the connection (if you didn’t get it in the first place).

I’m sorry, I thought that titles like that were an improvement - looking down the board you see titles like ‘Neeeubie Needs URGENT help’ or ‘Noisee Probs’ or ‘cRaZy Flash movement AAagh’ - all the time. A moments consideration when posting surely makes for a more interesting and amusing read. I’m amazed in fact that you could take issue with this.

I’m also astounded that anyone could respond to what was a well meant post about the power of words with

Freedom of speech tends to shackle, not empower us

what? clearly someone writing from within the confines of a country that enjoys the benefits of freedom of speech. Especially since no one actually said ‘don’t tell me what to do’.

I’m honestly astonished at how conservative the responses here have been, if anyone was genuinely offended - sorry.

:smirk:

Sarcasm about my lifestyle (or handle for that matter) will not gain you points in my book. You do not know me, or anything about me.

This is a help forum first. We have quite a few members who don’t want to read this type of verbage.

I did not take offense at the using of the language, but the abuse and offense taken when asked to calm it down by a Moderator.

I suggest being the bigger person, naming your help questions properly, and trying to “get along” rather than ruffle as many feathers as possible. I don’t think this is a stand you wil want to remember yourself taking 10 years from now.

Rev

Scrawl …

You’ve got an obvious handle on being a politician of sorts – I’m impressed with your ability to gray an area and put a misleading spin on things. (-: Whoa, I’m spinning. :stuck_out_tongue: The next time you quote me? Include the ENTIRE quote, so as to preserve the context.

If you need someone to step forward and admit they’re irritated with the poor choice of language … well … okay, I’ll step up. The words certainly haven’t lost their impact, at least for me. And if you feel a word is, indeed, indifferent — why use it? I’m happy some people are still standing up for decency … though others are working hard to gray that area and desensitize our impressions. You’re in the majority … but hmm … that doesn’t make it right. We can debate this all day. What’s RIGHT and what’s WRONG? Oh garsh, it’s all so subjective. :cyclops: LOL! No, not really. :beard:

Your turn, cowboy! :evil: =) :bandit:

Rev.
Ok ok - this is getting ridiculous. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that I was being sarcastic about your lifestyle? or your handle? There was no sarcasm or disrespect intended.

I would never be abusive to anyone let alone a moderator. I have nothing but admiration and respect for David who is an invaluable help and is ever friendly. Whenever I have been really stuck David has always helped me out. I am crushed to think that anyone could conclude that I meant him illwill in any way.

I’m not sure of the problem you have with the titles that I give posts. I don’t see that there is very much difference between ‘Getting white on my nerves’ re a prob with white or ‘How to be Popular’ re a problem with Pop ups, and ‘Frame help’ - your last post. Except maybe that the first are a little more lighthearted.

Dex.
I am very sorry you were irritated -

here is your quote in full:

Freedom of speech tends to shackle, not empower, us on many accounts.

I really wasn’t trying to twist your words.

:cowboy:

I’m not getting into a pi**ing match with you…

“Good Reverend - I’m sure that you get the references inherent within those titles, don’t you?” I am sorry if I understood this as sarcasm. What did you mean by it, then?

however, “frame help” was not my last thread. It was a response to someone else’s thread.

I’m just saying, why are you still trying to make your point, when all that was said was not to do this again, please…by a Mod.

Sometimes admitting that something was offensive to some people, and not doing it again, makes you the bigger person. Instead you are arguing to be able to use vulgar language when you want? Poor choice of battles.

As far as your titles, they just seemed like you were trying to gain attention by misleading titles… I appologize not getting your puns, English humour can be different from what I am used to. Maybe if you had written “how to be 'pop’ular”, or as you stated, “Aural sex” , I would have gotten the joke. Obviously nobody else got the joke either since it took a very long time for someone to answer your question.

End of this…

Rev

That sentence was not a reference to <i>your</i> title but to the ‘titles’ you were having a go at me about. Very sorry if that was unclear.

no worries, lets move on…