Why make sense when you can make anti-sense?

I’ve found things like this happen quite a bit with Flash…

Right now I’m trying to rotate and move a pile of objects (which, if it matters, make a person) so that it looks like the character is diving. The problem is that for no logical reason, the legs jump up about two centimeters higher than they should and about a centimeter too far to the left at last frame that Flash did automatically. Usually I can just try doing this again and it works better, but right now it’s decided not to co-operate.

This kind of thing has never made sense to me. Why would Flash possibly think that the best way to get from point A to point B is to go off in some completely random direction?

Does anyone know why Flash does this and how I can prevent it?

It might be because I changed the center of the object on the last frame and not the first, but I did that for the arms, too, and they worked fine.

If you want to know, right now I’m working on that memory game, and in a frame, I’m trying to put the code :

stop ();
if (same==1) {
next = 2 ;
gotoAndPlay (9) ;
}
Next = 2 alone works fine, goto alone works fine, but when I put them both, Flash tells me that my scripting is slowing my computer and that I should drop it.

Now, @#%$ is that ?

pom

Well, I’ve discovered my case, anyway, wasn’t totally insane. As it turns out, the arms were screwing up - just acutely, so I couldn’t tell. As it turns out, changing the center was the problem…

I’ve thought about it and the best I can come up with is, “Have you tried rebooting your computer?” Aside from being the PC cure-all, it’s possible (though highly unlikely) that you’re teetering on the edge of your maximum allotment of RAM.

Other than that nothing comes to mind… Flash has a “My way or the highway” mentality, though, and something perfectly logical won’t work just because you aren’t doing it the way Flash would have done it. Try a different way of coding it that will give you the same results. There’s about a million ways to do everything, though it’s probable that the way Flash accepts is the one that requires about 40 pages of code for a simple command.

My way or the highway, hue ? I like that expression. Actually, I have solved my problem too (glad that you solved yours) by erasing the line and rewriting it. Interesting technique (and tricky too) that we too often forget, I must say.
Concerning your rebooting theory, I think I hold the world record for most reboots of a machine in the last two hours. There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between Flash and FTPExpert 2. Or minesweeper, I don’t know.
Don’t you just love Flash sometimes ?

pom