Xml

k - I will do something for Flash MX XML -

also- Flash 5 and MX deal with MX the same - so your code will be portable! Only difference is that in MX you don’t need the strip white space function and the XML Nitro. But you can use it if you want - its just not essential. :slight_smile:

Yipee!! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I myself could use some tutorials on the subject.

This code is Flash 5 specific so it makes sure that the user has only a Flash 5 plugin.

Is this leading me to believe that if a person has the Flash 6.0 plugin this script will not work… or is just implying anything below 5.0?

Hey Mediachickie, did you manage to do anything?

pom :slight_smile:

i will do something tonight and post it – been so busy !!!
Thanks for the reminder!

Hey, I don’t want to rush you or anything :slight_smile: Especially if you have other things to do…

pom :asian:

no - i need the pressure… otherwise I half finish things- like my component! No worries!:slight_smile:

OK now get this done right now!!

Oh and I meant to tell you: I have 1 little problem with my component. Nothing important but it’s not ‘perfect’ yet…

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah… i feel better!:slight_smile: I mean… that’s okay…:wink:

Actually I am doing the XML bit right now! I kinda got motivated while procrastinating…
And on that same tangent - I meant to do a drag and drop component and then i started making a font viewer… so much for staying on target…:slight_smile: But I will do the drag and drop. Loved your tornado bit - by the way-- wanna tutor me in math?:slight_smile:

question:
do people need to know right from the basics - such as the keywords associated with XML - or just here’s and XML file and here is how you parse it ?

I think we would need both. But I’m only interested in the parsing bit :slight_smile: I mean, anybody can check any tute about XML to learn the lingo.

Thanks for the tornado. And I am working about a tutorial that is supposed to teach how to use trig functions in AS. I have no idea where to start though… Any thought about that?

pom :asian: