XXXBox

Good afternoon everyone (or whatever time it is),

I was reading my Xbox Magazine :thumb:

But seriously, I was reading an article about ‘sex’ in videogames and whether or not it should exist. Good arguments can be made from both sides but I want to know where my fellow Kirupians stand.

Games like: Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cu Laude* and Playboy: The Mansion which include sex related themes and well, nudity.

These games have people (parents) concerned about what their kids might possibly be playing. Though the Xbox does have parental controls. Still, the availability of these games is the issue.

So what do you think?

Should parents be more responsible with the videogames their kids are playing?

Or should these games simply not be made?

As long as there’s nothing passed rated R, anything sexual is OK. But the sexual games you mentioned shouldn’t be made.

I think it’s fine. Why stop making them? If you dont like it DONT BUY IT!

I hate it when people get so mad a something and instead of just not buying it, they use it and rant and rave about how stupid it is.

Just my opinion,
3dnirvana

While most of us are old enough to realize, young balls of hormones love to see anything naked anytime. They don’t know what’s good/bad for them.

IMO it’s not as simple as just not buying it. Personally I think a lot of the things shown by the media are a big influence on people, whether they realize it or not. There will always be people attracted to sex, but realize that a lot of the people playing these games are our next generation, and I for one don’t want the next generation to watch/own/play any more adult entertainment than our generation and our elders already do. It’s inevitable for a lot of people, I know, but by making these games, we’re just making it even easier.

Again, just an opinion (and maybe this should be in Ordered) :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, could a Mod. maybe move this, please (gotta say please)?

This is where parents come in. If you don’t want your kid playing it/watching it then keep them away from it.

You don’t need the government or whoever to ban games like this to “protect” us because we are to helpless to think not to buy it/watch it. It’s simple, if you walk down the isle and see the game on the shelf, DONT BUY IT! If you see the game on TV [?] then don’t watch it. If you don’t want your kid playing it, don’t let him buy it. If you don’t want your kid watching it, don’t let him go to a place it will be. IT’S SIMPLE!

[SIZE=1]just a little pet peeve of mine, that people want something banned because they don’t approve of it. It’s as simple as just not getting it :)[/SIZE]

I love sexuality and violence in games, keep it going!

umm, if you dont mind me asking, how old are you grinch?

Why?

sexuality and violence [gory] is intended for 18 year olds.
you are 16.
therefore you playing those sexual and violent games is** illegal**.
:scream:

Haha!

Funny this is, when I was 7 years old, I was playing Goldeneye!
Like 5-6 years old playing DOOM 1… LOL

shows how great those parents of yours are! [jk]:krazy:

Oh god,
you don’t know my parents man, you would never want to… They are horrible… nevermind

[font=Impact][size=5]lmao! :lol:[/size][/font]

:frowning:

People need to stop having the government do their parenting for them. They expect all these control methods to safeguard their kids from this stuff, and then something happens, and now it is the videogames fault. But no one tells them the truth, and it is their own **** fault.

None of these parents want to accept the responsibility that they screwed up, and now want a scapegoat.

Want to blame gun killings on video games? Fine. Go ahead and try to ban them, or try to stop a company from producing what they want.

But I blame deaths from drunk driving on beer and alcohol. Are you actively trying to stop beer companies from producing their product? No. Why? Because it is socially accepted. But they are the cause of those accidents, and nothing can refute that.

How can people honestly not want these games made, and think they are right?

If you don’t want a game, don’t get it. Don’t play it. Stop your kids from playing it. After all, it is YOUR responsibility, not the governments, or the clerk at Wal-mart.

Welcome to America. A game company has the right to make another Leisure Suit Larry game, just as much as Coors has the right to make their beer.

Do these games interest me? Not at all. They are gimmicks. Just like Postal 2 was a gimmick. They are not quality games. But do they ahve the right to make them? Absolutely.

isnt there a thread e-x-a-c-t-l-y like this?:tb:

Adult games are funny, and of course you know who their targeted at. Those people who will never get “some”. I say keep making em, just watch what the hell you kid is playing. I’m so sick of neglegent parents, the rating system is there for a reason.

I’ve played 18+ rated games and don’t have a problem with them. I’ve never felt the urge to go out and bludgeon someone to death after playing Unreal. As far as I’m concerned, the only people who are likely to go out and try to recreate what they’ve seen in a game are those who are a few sandwiches short of a picnic in the first place (and in all likelihood didn’t need the game to prompt them to have a go).

You’re never going to be able to completely wipe out underage kids playing this stuff, no matter how hard you try. Stores can check for ID, parents can keep an eye on their kids, but some are going to slip through the net.