XXXBox

I lump arguments like this and violence and sex in TV on any form of media all together. I like violent video games and movies. I’ve played leisure suit larry back in like 90 whenever that thing came out. I’m a fan of p0rn. I watch tons of violent movies.

With that being said, my parents allowed us to play games like we did. Dad encouraged us to have sex, but my parents instilled good morals in us. I know the difference between right and wrong and the media isn’t changing my opinions. Parents need to build the foundation of their children not depend on media to do it.

So with all the p0rn and violence I’ve seen, which is alot I should be some craze maniac… I’ve never been in a physical fight. I’ve never disrespected a woman. I treat others as I want to be treated.

I think this thread can grow more in Ordered than in Computers and Games. This is a well rounded discussion that more can join in on :smiley:

The **** industry makes billions and billions of dollars every year. If they and some new game developers can squeeze in that market, I personally don’t see it as a problem. This is the same situation with the movie industry. There’s ****, and there’s not ****. So far there really isn’t tension on the line between the two when it comes to kids. Stores will usually not let kids walk out with “Sandy Lollipop fixes a Salad” or even go into the section, in some of the movie stores I’ve been in. Game stores right now ID kids who want to purchase R-Rated games, or otherwise require parental consent. I think they could handle games that were rated A (for Adults). If a parent would allow his/her kid to get this game, so be it. We shouldn’t tell a parent how to raise their child. They may have their own methods or ways, who knows.

But should these games be made? I don’t see why not. The Japanese don’t seem to have a problem with it at the moment. But honestly, if it takes a sleezy game to get you by, you honestly need to go out more.

My two euros.

**** = p.o.r.n

Actually, it is legal for him to play those games. The ESRB (US game rating system) isn’t a government organization, they just suggest the ages that should be (in their mind) playing the game. The whole stores not being allowed to sell games to people under the game’s rating thing is a decision made up in the upper management of the companies. That’s why some places will let younger children get by and others won’t.

This just isn’t possible in our society. You can’t watch your kids 24 hrs a day and if you did they just wouldn’t grow up right. And they’d probably hate you. And they’d be in therapy for years. And they’d probably screw up their own kids.

Anyway, just like underage kids have been finding alcohol for DECADES, kids are going to find all sorts of ‘black market’ type stuff from movies to video games to drugs and alcohol. You tell a kid they can’t have something they want and they’ll find a way to get it. Nature of the beast.

my two shekels

:hr:

Thanks for moving it. :thumb:

wish my parents were more like yours!! :rabbit:

my god, Kitiara plays Unreal… my whole fantasy goes down in flames. I think I’ll go bump a whore just like Leisure Suit Larry, run over a bunch of monks walking in line in the streets with the Ferrari I just stole and go buy an RPG to blow up some dude in the streets. That ought to calm me down…

There are crazy people all over the world. One person can go out on a killing spree mimicking Resident Evil, but in comparison to the million others who’ve played these kind of games, it seems quite bizarre to blame the killing spree on Resident Evil.
The killer was just crazy, it’s not the GAME’s (or the developper’s) fault… final.

[edit : typo among others :stuck_out_tongue: ]

In realation to the topic the worst game Ive ever played was BMXXX which was a bmx game with unlockable stripper movies. Everything in the game sucked except when your chracter fell.

but my parents instilled good morals in us. I know the difference between right and wrong and the media isn’t changing my opinions. Parents need to build the foundation of their children not depend on media to do it.

Well said. You know you can grow up in a highly catholic environment, going to all those nice private schools and doing your hail mary’s every day…and grow up to be way more screwed up than video games could ever hope to make you. Its not your environment or the things you do/read/see that determine who you are. Its how you interpret these things and what you do with these interpretations. If your parents instilled a good moral and ethical sense in you, then you can play the most f’d up video games and it won’t damage you…on the flip side if your parents weren’t really ever parents to begin with, then you can take your cues from games and movies because you don’t know anything else. Parents need to own up and start taking responsibility. Having kids is THE biggest responsibility of them all and alot of people take that fact way to lightly. If your kid goes out and steals a car, you can’t blame Grand Theft Auto for that. Thats nothing but YOUR lack of parenting.

Sure there should be regulation by age. Just like it doesn’t make sense to sell beer to a 5 year old, it doesn’t make sense to let a 5 year old play Leisure Suit Larry…but to ban something entirely only serves to go against one of the foundations of this country, which is free speech. Just like that whole thing with 2-Live Crew thing a couple years back. If you don’t like it, thats fine…but don’t try to cram your beliefs down my throat by trying to ban something that I may enjoy.

[Out Of Topic]

in France, alcohol can be sold to a 5 year old… :slight_smile:

[/Out Of Topic]

I read the same article. It is in the September (I think) issue of OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) Those in the Halo K-Team have seen me “report” on the Halo2 coverage they have.

Our society is bent on money. It defines everything that we strive for. The “Money can’t buy everything” phrase is getting less and less true. The new AO (Adult Onlty) ESRB rated games mentioned at the start of this thread only prove that if people want it, they will buy it (or a substitute). Game developers want money, people have money. They in turn cater to the people and provide a sort of entertainment service that the people buy. I dont think it is a good idea to have P-O-R-N (sorry mods if that is bad, but it isn’t bad in this useage) games. It goes againts tons of my morals. On the M games issue, i don’t think violence in videogames makes people nuts. My friends mom said the “It helps you get out your aggressions on a game, not a person”.

And, some parents these days are dumber than the fly that I just squished on my monitor. I mean dumber than the fly in it’s current state.

There, my jumbled mess of thoughts presented in a jumbled mess,

Actually I think they should be allowed to make anything they want and stores can make the decision to sell it. This kind of thing comes up about every 3 to 5 years in games and then it quietly disappears because nobody is really that interested. Slap an XXX rating on the game and no one but the perverted, sick, and twisted will buy it. And maybe, just maybe, those types will stay glued to their TV instead of taking it out on someone else.

wether we like it or not, sexuality will become a part of our videogames like it is a part of network tv. 30 years ago there was absolutely no sex on tv, but as society grows, we have tv shows where the entire plot is focused on sex. video games are probably on the same track.

Put Lots Of Sex In Video Games Id Love A Really Good Virtually sex Game!!!