The Badges Thing is Cool!

http://forum.kirupa.com/badges

It’s kinda like achievements, except you get it for posting-related activities :stuck_out_tongue:

Badges? We don’t need no stinkin badges!

[must collect all the badges… !]

I hope you got a badge for that awesome user card background!

I was trying! But apparently I don’t know how to get the “Autobiographer: Filled user profile information” badge. I also thought my post to the TotD should have got me the “First Link: Added an internal link to another topic” badge, but it didn’t. Reading all the posts in a 100+ post thread also didn’t earn me the badge “Reader: Read every post in a topic with more than 100 posts”. So I don’t know what’s going on. Badges. I hate them!

… I also discovered in that autobiographer stunt that user titles are not editable, rather just selectable. And there seemed to be only one selection: Regular. So now I’m “Regular”. Fits well enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… I got the autobiographer one. I think it wanted a valid location for the location field (Location wasn’t good enough? Or maybe it got lost in other edits since some fields oddly take you to another screen)

… btw, the thread where I linked another thread was: does everything work (crossing fingers)

Apparently it took some time for some of these to kick in.

It seems you discovered the Admin button :horse_racing:.

1 Like