3D with Flash

sorry for the confusion.\r\rvertices is a way to say “points in space”. in this case, 3d space. they would correspond to the corners of whatever you’re drawing, then you have a routine that draws lines between the points (remember that post?).\r\rso you rotate the points and then draw the lines, rotate points drawlines, rotate points drawlines … et voila, a 3d engine.\r\rin that spiral3d example, you could regard each ball as a vertice. once you’re connecting them, there’s no need to have them actually be movies. they can exist just as information (a set of coordinates), and that will be enough to connect them with lines.\r\rif you don’t have 3d studio max i wouldn’t recommend developing that yourself. ; )\r\rmy point was, that it’s not really any easier to build a 3d “f” than any other 3d shape. the engine is a bit of a *****, but once that’s in place, the shapes are just feeding that engine different information.\r\rin regards to produceing it statically, maybe swift3d, or one of the other 3d tools. there’s a 3d guy around here who knows a lot about these things… iCu MeHoo i believe.\r\rgood luck.

btw Pom… if you need any letter in 3d as a simple rotation or something, just contact me, I’ll make you a movie clip with Swift3D

Avec plaisir !! Please do !! I’d be very happy if you did that for me. You would take a splinter out of my foot, as we Phrenchies say. And I’d owe you a proud candle. Sounds stupid in English :smiley:

pom 0]

Anybody has the equations of a rotation in 3d ??
pom 0]

haven’t you ever looked at my site??
jeremydecker.s5.com/progr…ation.html
and the source:
jeremydecker.s5.com/3drotation.zip
the thing about 3d computer graphics is that THEY ARE NOT IN 3D!!! they are 3d objects projected onto a 2d screen. and that is where most of the confusion lies (in my opinion).
there are several websites dedicated to 3d programming…do a search for “programming 3d projection” in google and you can find all the math you want!
:slight_smile:
jeremy

Woops. I have to work on that… Thanks for the source by the way.

pom 0]