A Curious for-in Loop Problem

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]In preparation for adding an in-game menu to my Flash-based shooter-like game, Black Cat Ops, I decided to implement pause functionality. I added a method to my base enemy class that pauses the enemy by stopping its movement and animation and I added code to my game engine class that listens for and acts upon the input, halting attack effects and hit-testing and iterating through all of the members of the movie clip I am using to contain my enemies and pausing every member that is an instance of my enemy class (or, by obvious extension, a class that extends it).[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]So here is the oddity: some enemies do not pause. And I do not mean that some types of enemies do not pause; I mean that some individual enemies do not pause even when others of the same class do. Were I using a standard variable-iterating for loop rather than a for-in loop, I would suspect that I had used an incorrect number or test sign somewhere, but that is not the case. It looks like the for-in loop is simply failing on some iterations, but they always seem to be the same ones on each level.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Has anyone else experienced anything like this in ActionScript? If not, has anyone experienced any other oddities with for-in loops? Thank you in advance for any insights or other information. [/size][/font]