A question

its a common simple mistake. I mean, I didn’t even notice the second box on the right until I took a good hard look at the screen.

same here… those crazy Macromedia folks! So the instance textbox really absolutely doesn’t do anything at all?

heheh… now I know what you’re all talking about. I didn’t at first because I only had it for 30 days and it’s been a month since I have looked at it… but yeah I made that mistake a couple of times while I was using it too.

From what I’ve seen, when you name it, and then go to actions, it says something something something for NAME (action asigned)… or something along those lines, i think its just for naming purposes, but then they could just use the Var name for that… silly people… unless of course… you gave them all different names and actions, but they all had the same Var name, that way the text would display the same but it would have unique actions… I dont know really, I dont know enough about the way it works to say anything yet :smiley:

oh… I can tell you WHY it does that. That’s not too hard to figure out… especially since we can now see that they’ve added instance naming for buttons. This is what I’m assuming.

All objects, including text fields are now able to be manipulated with action script (in a variety of new ways too), so the var name is what the text block is equal too, but the instance name is what you use to call to it for say _visible=false; actions and such.

makes perfect sense to me :slight_smile: