About close browser

:asian:
anyone knows about closing flash player using action script ?
i really want to get the information immediatelly.:ninja: :stuck_out_tongue: :evil: :x :slight_smile:
[swf=“http://mahasiswa.if.itb.ac.id/~if11082/animasi.html height=200 width=50”][/swf]

use fscommand

*Originally posted by Iammontoya *
**use fscommand **

i don’t know how to use fscommand() and javascript .can u give me the complete script

arigato gozaimasu

Hi

I have used this in the past.

[COLOR=red]on (release) {
getURL (“javascript:window.close()”);
}[/COLOR]

This is the script as attached to a button. I guess you could put the same [COLOR=red]getURL (“javascript:window.close()”)[/COLOR] as a frame action.

The downside to this is that if the window was not launched from another browser, you will be prompted “Are you sure you want to close the window”, but apart from that, it does the job a treat.

If you discover another way, which doesn’t give a prompt, I’d be delighted to see it

Cheers

John :slight_smile:

If you don’t want the close alert then use javaScript to open the window.

*Originally posted by JohnLawton *
[COLOR=red]on (release) {
getURL (“javascript:window.close()”);
}[/COLOR]

Please note that although I posted the above without a space between the words “java” and “script”, for some reason they are appearing with a space. So make sure you get rid of that space before you key it in.

Also, JSK is correct, if you launch the window using JavaScript originally, then you won’t get the warning message re closing the window, but that assumes that you have launched the movie window using JavaScript - but that may not always be the case.

John :slight_smile:

thank you for you guys!!!

i’ve tried your code and it worked!!!

doumo arigato gozaimasu!!!