Adding htmlstuff to sen.xml menu

Hi there,

Anyone can help me out on the following.In the xml dropdownmenu from senuclar(tutorial) you can load txt in a txtfield but how can I add breaks, url’s, bold, … to my txt.

In the .fla I have the following:

Actions.message = function(msg) {
trace(msg);
message_txt.html = true;
message_txt.htmlText = msg;
}

this is how the xml looks like:

<menu name=“main nav”>
<item name=“button1” action=“message” variables=" Here I have my txt "/>
</menu>

When I publish the .fla and add breaks in the xml file I’t just won’t show content.

Hope someone can help me out.Grtz

XML attributes aren’t the best place for complex messages. You can add breaks using $#10; but you may be hard pressed for other things. You would instead want to use a Text node or maybe a CDATA section. This would require you to change the script a little bit to faciliate that, though.

<item name=“button1” action=“message”>
<![CDATA[ Here is all
I wanted
to say! ]]>
</item>

and instead of using the attributes.variables, youd have to use that node’s child element representing the CDATA block and snag that text.

and instead of using the attributes.variables, youd have to use that node’s child element representing the CDATA block and snag that text.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but it’s all very new for me xml stuff. can you show me more what I have to change from your script to use this CDATA(script).

I have to make changes in these parts?Change to?

curr_item.variables = curr_node.attributes.variables;
curr_item.name.text = curr_node.attributes.name;

Actions.message = function(msg) {
trace(msg);
message_txt.html = true;
message_txt.htmlText = msg;
}

Sorry all very new for me. Hope to hear from you again.

I dont have time to go into detail with it now. Check out the XML stuff here on kirupa.com for a head start.