Ahh mozilla being weird again

Okay, somehow my settings in firefox got screwed up and when ever i use it i have to chose which profile i want to use. So i pick default, the only one. It says its already in use, so i make a new one, but it doesnt have all my bookmarks. so i go back and try to delete the one i made causes error and switch to default, it still says its in use. So i end all firefox processes and i get it to work. Is there anyway to set it so i dont have to pick which on i want to use? or do i have to reinstall firefox? mehs, better save my bookmarks = /

Never hurd of profiles in FireFox. I think you have mozilla http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

It’s better without all the BS… And if you want BS there are a milliond and 1 exstentions… for firefox… :slight_smile:

press ctrl+alt+delete and remove mozilla form the processes

That’s weird… when you installed Firefox, did it tell you anything about profiles? I seem to remember choosing a setting where there was only one profile, since I’m not on a shared computer. But I could have been imagining it completely. :stuck_out_tongue: Try the Firefox Help forums. Good luck.

okay- i HAVE firefox 9.1

as i said, i need to end all the processes, but it gets annoying after awhile

and i dont know why my mozilla has profiles, i screwed up the settings somehow, ill just uninstall/install it again. bahh

and i dont know why my mozilla has profiles, i screwed up the settings somehow, ill just uninstall/install it again. bahh

1. uninstall firefox through the add/remove programs in the control panel
  2. go into C:\documents and settings\yourname\application data (the application data folder is hidden by default) and delete the mozilla or firefox folder (I can’t remember what firefox calls it).
  3. now reinstall firefox. if you don’t do step 2, firefox will still remember all your previous settings.

-teet

that only happens to me if the browser crashes or some other unusual stuff… then I simply clear it from my processes and all is well