Analog clock

Jubba wrote a great tutorial about it !\rpom 0]

Hey EBU… heres the link to the tutorial:\r\rwww.angelfire.com/dc/vidg…orial.html\r\rthat should help you.

nice Tut “not juba”, I will play with that later :slight_smile:

Nice tutorial, Not Jubba. I went through it and then advanced it a bit further to create this…\r\r<embed src=http://home.earthlink.net/~niann/clock1.swf quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=100> </embed>\r\rIt seems to work for the most part. =)

you were supposed to advance it. thats the point. :slight_smile: thats why the FLA i provided was just a bare minimum. nice clock

What do you mean, for the most part ?? Looks fine to me…\rpom 0] \rBy the way, I read somewhere that you could do the clock using the internal clock of the server, so that it gives the exact time of the server, not the time of your computer, that may be, well, wrong. PHP involved…

Thanks a lot Jubba! The tutorial is now up on the site. You can view it from anywhere :slight_smile: \r\rNEXT UP: Pom’s tutorial and files!

I HAVE A TUTORIAL!!! YAY!! LOL SORRY I GOT EXCITED!!

Did the same to me… :smiley: \rpom 0]

Pom, your tutorial is also up :slight_smile:

I appreciate the 'pom 0] ’ at the end of it !
pom :smiley:

No problem! I thought it looked pretty cool. So I’ve decided that’s what I will do on user submitted tutorials. Instead of having my little footer and ‘yadda yadda message board’ text, I’ll use the actual text and/or footer from your forum posts. It would just make it even more obvious that I didn’t create the tutorial, someone else did :slight_smile:

Hey Kirupa,
I love your new animation in the first page of this site. It looks really good. It took me 2 days to understand that those round things were buttons though… And hard to press too.

pom 0]

LOL pom :slight_smile: You aren’t supposed to really press them. They just play a small sound when you hover over them. I guess I could have a scam online game site that promotes itself by having the text “Push the buttton and win $20” :slight_smile:

Here is the source code for the main animation in case anyone is interested: www.kirupa.com/temp/newbanner.fla (Save this file to your hard drive and then open it!)

very funny kirupa

That surely is nice fla. The simplicity is striking.

pom 0]

Thanks pom! That animation is like a place where I experiment. In the next iteration of that animation, I’m planning on using the Duplicate movie clip function to load the movie clip in random X and Y locations instead of this one movie clip being copied and pasted several times.

I’m hoping to create a animation that iteracts with the user’s mouse pointer. Right now, any change in one little circle will occur on each movie clip because of the copy and pasting I did. With duplicateMovie, I will be able to avoid that because each instance of the movie clip will have its own unique ‘identifier’. Once Flash 6 rolls up, I’ll defintely make a tutorial on how to create this effect and ALL the other effects found on this site :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kirupa

Call me picky, but there’s one small dot appearing in the center of the movie. I don’t know why…

pom 0]

I don’t really notice a small black dot? Where exactly are you seeing this. I’ve been going insane trying to find it :slight_smile:

Actually, there’s a green dot appearing not outside the screen but inside. It oges right, and then comes back, but not left enough…

pom 0]