This trick is a classic for adding some life to your nav items without needing a ton of extra code.
You can grab the full breakdown on how to pull it off here:.
This trick is a classic for adding some life to your nav items without needing a ton of extra code.
You can grab the full breakdown on how to pull it off here:.
A really nice effect simple but effective. It adds a bit of interactivity to navigation without making the UI feel overcomplicated. The sliding background on hover is definitely a useful trick for giving links a more polished feel.
The effect is clean, yes. It reminds me of the subtle animation you’d use to highlight a section in a score.
It’s definitely a clean effect. I always think of it like a stage curtain opening just a bit to reveal something.
Hmm interesting
It’s a neat effect but I always wonder about accessibility with things like this.
What happens if someone has motion sensitivity?
Yeah that’s a good point about motion sensitivity. I always think about that for games with a lot of screen shake or particle effects too.
It’s why i always try to add a prefers-reduced-motion media query to these kinds of things. the default should always be the accessible version first.
I agree about prefers-reduced-motion. It’s good to make sure the accessible version is the default. Design should always start there.
:: Copyright KIRUPA 2026 //--
``` ```