Artificial Intelligence II

After what seems like decades of waiting for me to post follow-ups to my A.I. tutorials… I have decided on a couple of new directions.

A. I will be scrapping the other three tutorials I had placated upon the boards. I will let them there but in these new tutorials, they will only serve as a tool to help enhance the learning possibilities from them.

B. I have come up with two selections (groups) of A.I. and have seperated them alike. One group deals with the basics of getting A.I. to work for your game. (ie: random, direction and distance) The second group of A.I. covers some of the more experienced topics. A majority of these topics will encompass the basics of the previous group though.

After re-evaluating my other tutorials, I feel there are a couple of different options, along with the basic tutorials, that require the attention of a series of A.I. tutorials. One of these options was to go towards a more game-oriented feel instead of the individual needs.

For example : If I were to make a basic side-scrolling platform game. I would most likely use the following series of A.I. control schemes for my enemies -

a. random
b. distance
c. direction
d. pattern
other. possibly some logistical mathematics

Instead of just showing you what random can do… I am going to show you how you can apply it in your games.

Now… Here comes the fun part, the agenda list. You guys might have seen this list whenever I was doign the RPG tutorials. No fret though, I’m hoping to complete this one in a sooner manner. So. Enough talking, here is the agenda.

Artificial Intelligence Tutorial Agenda

[COLOR=Green]A. Basic Steps and Introduction to A.I.
B. A.I. Group I : Basic Control Schemes
  1. random (part 1, part 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]    CONTEST[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]  2. direction
  3. distance
  4. distance, direction, & random
  5. pattern
  6. logical math[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Orange]C. A.I. Group II : Advanced Control Schemes
  1. pathfinding
    a. waypoints
    b. tile-finding
    c. ray-casting
  2. learning
  3. advanced logical math[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]D. Genre Specific A.I. Examples and Issues
  1. platforming
  2. fighting games
  3. role playing games
    a. zelda style games
    b. final fantasy style games
  4. scrolling shooter games
  5. first person shooters
  6. puzzle games
  7. other genres[/COLOR]

And that will be the agenda for the A.I. II tutorials. Please be patient for each one to come out. Red means they are waiting to be developed, orange means they are in developement, and green means they are completed.