[AS 2.0] - html formatting broken when 'createTextField'-ing?

I’ve been snooping around for quite a while trying to solve this problem, and figure someone here might know.

Basically I’m getting text from xml and placing it in a text field that is created inside a movie clip via movieClip.createTextField. I’ve got the odd bold word to deal with within standard body text, so I’m putting those inside the <b> html tags.

My CDATA is set up fine and everything works perfectly when I’m just placing a textField on the stage in flash and enabling html rendering in the properties and etc, BUT when I create the textField in actionscript on a movie clip (because I’m using the height of the movie clip as the scrollable height) the text isn’t actually bolded, the tags are just rendered as if they were any other text.

As far as I can tell I’ve got my textField.html, textField.multiline and textField.wordWrap properties set correctly, so I’m not sure what’s happening. Any ideas?

//movieClip "loadInside" is on stage //

loadInside.createTextField("txtBox1",200, 0, 0, 300, 75);
txtBox1.type = "dynamic";
txtBox1.multiline = true;
txtBox1.wordWrap = true;
txtBox1.html = true;

//create xml object, instantiate, set property, load and verify
var xmlHome:XML = new XML();
xmlHome.ignoreWhite = true;
xmlHome.load("test.xml");
xmlHome.onLoad = function(success:Boolean):Void {

if(success) {
		trace("XML loaded")

xmlTextCDATA =  xmlHome.childNodes[0].childNodes[1].childNodes[0].nodeValue;

loadInside.txtBox1.htmlText = xmlTextCDATA;

} else {
		trace("XML failed");	
	}		
}

My XML just looks like this:

<main>

<nodeOne>This is the first XML node. It will not parse if cdata does not wrap around the <b>unsafe</b> characters </nodeOne>
	<nodeTwo> <![CDATA[This <b>is<b> the second  XML node. It WILL parse if cdata does wrap around the unsafe</b> characters.     ]]>  </nodeTwo>

</main>

Thanks.