AS 2/FL4 newbie: display multiples lines of text thru XML

Hi all, I’ve been trying to set up this I thought simple photo transition…This is all new to me so please excuse me if I used the wrong terminologies :slight_smile:

Basically, I’m setting up this animation of photo transitions. Each “set” consists of a photo and two lines of text on top of it, and so forth…I based it on this tutorial http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/xml_slideshow.htm, and most of it works, but stumbling on how to show the two separate lines of text…I’m guessing I need another array for the 2nd line of text after “description* = xmlNode.childNodes*.childNodes[1].firstChild.nodeValue;” (please see below) ?

[COLOR=Black]function[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] loadXML(loaded)[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] {[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]if[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] (loaded)[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] {[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]xmlNode = this.firstChild; [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]image = []; [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]description = []; [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]total = xmlNode.childNodes.length; [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]for (i=0; i<total; i++) {[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]image* = xmlNode.childNodes*.childNodes[0].firstChild.nodeValue; [/COLOR][COLOR=Red]description* =xmlNode.childNodes*.childNodes[1].firstChild.nodeValue;[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]}[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]firstImage();[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]}[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] else[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] {[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] [/COLOR][COLOR=Black] content[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] =[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black] “file not loaded!”[/COLOR][COLOR=Black];[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]}[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]}[/COLOR]
And how should I write out the node in the xml file? Currently:
<pic>
<image>images/image1.jpg</image>
<caption>Text1</caption>
</pic>