(AS2) adding as. file to FLA?

I have to add an API library .as file to this old FLA file, and I guess it could be something simple or obvious but I just cant figure out how to add an .as file into the FLA? Drag to library doesn’t work or import

It depends on how the as file is defined. The simplest way is to just drop it into the same directory as the FLA file. But if you import things from the library with an import command, you will need to make sure what you import is defined in a folder structure that matches that path too (from the FLA directory). Usually when you get the library, it will already be defined in this format with the correct folders and you just drop the root folder in with your FLA.

Then presto, the FLA can use things in that library. Import (if needed; actually I think its optional, but recommended) and just use stuff. When you publish, the FLA will automatically look for things you use in the code in the directory in which its saved and pick it up from there.

1 Like

yes my problem was I didnt know I had to ctrl+enter the swf or publish it while the .as file was in the same folder, nevermind thanks for the help figured it out :slight_smile: