AS3 - Create a swf using mxmlc

I’m really lost here. I use the JW Player on my website and need to modify what they term as a PLUGIN that adds a feature to the Player if it is referenced in the HTML that embeds a player.swf in a web page.

My problem is I am absolutely new to the way a plugin’s SWF is now created. It used to be that they provided an FLA to use with the necessary .AS files. They now say to use the MXML compiler to create the new SWF. BUT, the instructions as to how to do that are so limited I can’t get my head around them.

I have installed a trial version of Adobe’s Flex Builder 3, updated my system path to point to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.2.0\bin so I can call the compiler as instructed but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to proceed.

Attached is the zip file download of the files they say are necessary to build the new SWF but I have no clue as to the steps to take or the sequence of steps to use to create a SWF using my modified version of the .AS file.

If anyone here can point me in the right direction with some step by step instructions I’d sure appreciate it. I will make an accurate tutorial for other users of the JW Player that have similar needs once I know how to do things correctly. Any thoughts here?

Regards - Jimb