ASCIIFlow alternatives?

Anyone know anything like ASCIIFlow? … or anything for diagraming in plain text (think “fancy” ascii images in block code comments)? Google didn’t turn much up, though, admittedly, I didn’t spend a lot of time looking. I’m tempted to make one of my own. But ain’t nobody got time for that!

ASCIIFlow is OK, but it does some weird… meshing? smearing? not sure what to call it, sometimes, when shapes are resized when sharing or having adjacent borders.

I also really want diagonal lines :beam:

PS. Looking for something web-based, or something that doesn’t require a download (to be used on a work computer where arbitrary app downloads are restricted)

You probably should, given how specific your requirements seem.

Even more reason to write your own. Usually such environments have problems with any sort of software that’s not built in-house or shipped in an OS. Depending how locked down it is. I’ve had to burn code diffs to a DVD before.

1 Like

Textik - ASCII Diagrams Editor

That would meet those requirements, however I’m not sure if will be better concerning the weirdness you mentioned. I would be interested if it can overcome that issue based upon your needs.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Yus! This is it! :slight_smile:

Glad it helps.

So it does not experience the weirdness you spoke of?

Nope, not as far as I could tell.

1 Like

That’s just crazy-talk!