Asp movement

Help

[list]

I need to be able to move a movie clip with asp (actionscript)

heeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllpppppppppppp!!!:o

Declare the vars with asp in host page (or call an asp page as the target of a loadVariablesNum() command), then use enterFrame to manipulate _x and _y.

Wait a sec. Are you talking about Actionscript, Flash script language, or ASP, Microsoft DB communication language. because it’s quite different.

pom :asian:

actionscript 4 flash ok.:rambo:

I DONT GET IT EXPLAIN IT IN IN BABY LANGUAGE.

Well, there are tutes on this site, and Kirupa tries his very best to explain it as simply as he possibly can… But here’s my explanation anyway:

Your scene can be described as a cartesian I-don’t-know-how-it’s-called, with an x and an y axis. The x go right, the y go down. There, an object will have 2 interesting properties: _x and _y, which are its position on each axis.
The interesting thing is that you can modify these properties with actionscript. So writing on that object:

onClipEvent(enterFrame)
{
    _x=_x+2;
}

will make that object’s _x position increase by 2 on every new frame. It’s moving. I can’t explain it better!

Tank u ilyaslamasse=)

can’t you also use:

onClipEvent(enterFrame)
{
_x+=2;
}

? That is how I have been doing it, but if it is wrong it is better that I find out early in the game.

that is possible.:slight_smile:

Ok Good, because it works for me, and I just wasn’t sure if this method could cause conflicts with code in the future. It is good to know that it is just another way to write it (and a much more simpler one if you ask me).

I see that you changed your footer :stuck_out_tongue: Looks nice!
And concerning the other syntax, not conflict at all :slight_smile: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscript/as_tricks.asp section increment/decrement