Auto-resizing and screen resolution

Hello:

I develop my Flash movies to fill the entire browser window, regardless of whether window is maximized or minimized and regardless of screen resolution. If necessary, the movie is letterboxed transparently in the browser window, preserving aspect ratio.

I preview the movies on my 1600x1200 monitor and all the anti-aliased text and graphics look super sharp and clear, even when I resize the window.

When I see these movies on other monitors with lower resolution (1280, 1024), the graphics (and text expecially) look “aliased” and jagged.

I was creating movies at 600x400 and switched to 1500x1000 to allow more interpolation and less extrapolation. This did improve the problem but not get rid of it.

What to do? Maybe this deals with the screen’s refresh rate. Maybe it’s because the movies are 3:2 and the monitor is 4:3? I used 3:2 to take into account the space taken up by the browser GUI and it seemed to create the least letterboxing.

Thank you.