Automatic Download Button w/ PHP function Problem!

Hello,
This is my first post to the forum…not because I havent used the forums, I have. Everyone here is amazing at what they do, I’m a novice and a learner.

Anyway…I need help. I have code I found from here and other places that does the following. In a movie I have created a button that, when pressed, will load a window which uses php code to intiate a download automatically. The thing is, it works in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer. I have NO CLUE why.

Here my code:

1. the movie clip’s button has AS that looks like this:

on (release) {

address = "http://www.cat-a-tac.com/mp3/thispage.php?filename=AllIKnew.mp3", "_blank";
target_winName = "http://www.cat-a-tac.com/enjoy.html";
width = 100;
height = 100;
toolbar = 0;
location = 0;
directories = 0;
status = 0;
menubar = 0;
scrollbars = 0;
resizable = 1;
// sends data back to the function
openWinCentre(address, target_winName, width, height, toolbar, location, directories, status, menubar, scrollbars, resizable);

}

—The end result of which is to make songs on my band’s website automatically download (or bring up the “save to disk” option).

1. Here’s the php code I’m using:

<?php
$filename = $_GET[‘filename’];
if (ereg(".mp3$", $filename)) {
header(“Pragma: public”);
header(“Expires: 0”);
header(“Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0”);
header(“Content-Type: application/force-download”);
header(“Content-Type: application/octet-stream”);
header(“Content-Type: application/download”);
header(“Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=”.basename($filename).";");
header(“Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary”);
header(“Content-Length: “.filesize($filename));
readfile(”$filename”);
}
?>

—So, there it is…I really have only a general idea of what specifically the code is doing. I learned it just enough so that I could implement the code into my website. The whole thing is a work-around to the “Right Click to Save As” not existing in flash mx 2004. If anyone out there can help with this I’d be very appreciative. Thanks!!!

Cheers,
esa