AWS credentials for DynamoDB on EC2 instance (ASP.net)

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]I’m having trouble getting access to the DynamoDB in my ASP.net application deployed on AWS Elastic Beanstalk. When I instantiate the DynamoDBClient like so:

AmazonDynamoDBClient client = new AmazonDynamoDBClient();

or so:

AmazonDynamoDBClient client = new AmazonDynamoDBClient(new InstanceProfileAWSCredentials());

The server returns an internal server error 500 on the http request. According to these two articles:

AWS Documentation: Example: Granting Permissions to AWS Elastic Beanstalk Applications to Access DynamoDB
AWS Documentation: Using IAM Roles for Amazon EC2 Instances with the AWS SDK for .NET

I need to assign a policy to the IAM role that is associated with the EC2 instance that grants it access to DynamoDB. I have done that by assigning the DynamoDB all access policy to the associated IAM role. The EC2 instance is also using the correct InstanceProfile. I can’t figure out why it is not getting the credentials from the IAM role. Am I missing something here? Unfortunately I can’t get an actual error log of what goes wrong when I try to instantiate the DynamoDBClient, because the Snapshot Logs function of EB doesn’t return anything about the error or exception occurring.

Does anybody know why that might be the case and/or how I might get my hands on some actual error logs? Thank you.[/FONT][/COLOR]