Business Cards For New Site

I really can’t get into the portrait layout. I know it’s very popular, and I guess there is nothing really wrong with it, but I still like the landscape orientation. Just a thought, how about using a bit of text going horiz. so when it is put into a rolladex, your website/name is at the top left…

I like the colors, and ditto, the logo is way cool.

the phrase web developer & designer seems a little clunky to me, but that could easily be my American ears…

also, as long as I am being really picky here (I assume that is what you want), the most important info on the card should be a larger size. ie. your name, phone number, and website address.

if people have to hunt for it at all, the card gets tossed.

This is from doing my own cards, and from a class in design school, and is purely in my opinion only, so feel free to take or ignore any of these comments…

Rev

rev - I think the cards are landscape :slight_smile:
Kit’s gif shows the front and back?

*Originally posted by Soulty *
**Hey kit your logo reminds me of a Mazda rotary engine, lol

http://www.mazda.com.au/articleZone1_rx8.asp?articleZoneID=2211 **

wow those are pretty similar…

*Originally posted by Cello *
**rev - I think the cards are landscape :slight_smile:
Kit’s gif shows the front and back? **

doh!

I assumed whe was going for that “oversized European” look that was so popular a while back…

dopey me.

If that’s the case, then most of my post is to be ignored, however I would still increase the size of the email.

::and the rotary engine was the first thing I thought as well::

Rev

Have to confess I’ve never seen that Mazda one before. Rats, that is pretty similar. Bugger. :sure:

I put “Designer and Developer” for two main reasons.

1. It’s my current job title, so might as well use it. :slight_smile:

2. If I put designer, people think I can’t code. If I put developer, they reckon I can’t do design. So I hedge my bets and put both. :slight_smile:

Good points on making the contacts stand out though. I’m probably trying to be too arty here, so I’ll alter that. Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

I was just thinking you may wish to combine the two to:

Angela Taylor
Web Developer/Designer

just a thought tho.

glad to see you aren’t going for that oversized look…

:slight_smile:

Rev

hey rev: what is the oversized look? you have an example?

not off hand…

it was 2.5 x 3.5 … slightly larger, and it didn’t fit into anything. I was told it was “European,” but that could have been to try to sell it to me (even tho that would prob kill it for me, 'cause I immediately think of EuroTrash in shiny clothes and discos)…

it was supposed to stand out in a pile of cards…

I’m hoping it was a fad…

Rev

if someone gave me a 2.5 by 3.5 card I’d be pissed cause it would not fit in my wallet…(the lil pocket is perfect for reg sizes)

yup, that is why I didn’t like them.

hopefully they are a fad of the past…

Rev

i dont like those larger size cards as well, thought havent seen much of them around lately.

Kit a few comments on your cards ::

:: I think that the logo on the top is too close to the left, right , and top edge, you would need to add bleed for printing reason, and add some more so your logo can breath better, its seems too much of a tight squeeze.

:: double sided cards are fine to do, i do agree with ‘whoever mentioned that before’ in leaving the back white, but that would be generally for companies that requires appointments and such. Personally i wouldnt want anyone to write down on my card, i believe there should be enough information there so they dont have to.

:: composition right now, looks a bit messy to me, maybe try the email in the bar at the bottom of the card. and if your going to do a bar, wouldnt it be better to follow it or that colour onto the back of the card? (right now you have a 3 colour job) Maybe try the type all center aligned.

:: and my final thought, have you thought about maybe die-cutting? (cutting a shape out of the card) mabe the side of your logo (curvy part) of the left edge, would give it a unique look.

hope these point could help

:slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Cello *
**What did I do asph, dear chum? :beam: :wink: **
:trout:

i think your new layout looks good