Button programming

I was struggling with some coding in this button and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I have a frames page with a “main” page above and a “footer” page on the bottom. The main page is a html document with a image on it. I have swf loaded into the footer. The swf has two buttons on either side: “next” and “prev”. And I have a list box in the middle. I have a archive of html’s with loaded images that I am going to call up to “main” with the list box and buttons. Kinda like a slide show or online comic Idea (hint: if you dont know what Im talking about visit: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/. And go to there comics section). Now the list box was easy enough I used this code below on the frame it is in:

archive.setChangeHandler(“open”);
function open() {
var x;
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(1).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(2).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(3).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(4).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(5).data+".html", “main”);
}

“archive” being the name of the listbox.
I put the names of the html files in the “data” section under the parameters of the listbox(Data: comic001, comic002, comic…).

But now when it came to set the buttons I don’t know how I would add to the number(next) to the html name or subtract(prev) from the name.

I have been trying to do this but the only code I can come up with is this for the frame:

archive.setChangeHandler(“open”);
function open() {
var x;
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(1).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(2).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(3).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(4).data+".html", “main”);
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(5).data+".html", “main”);
}
if (archive.getScrollPosition(1)) {
x = 1;
}
if (archive.getScrollPosition(2)) {
x = 2;
}
if (archive.getScrollPosition(3)) {
x = 3;
}
if (archive.getScrollPosition(4)) {
x = 4;
}
if (archive.getScrollPosition(5)) {
x = 5;
}

and this for the button:

on (release) {
getURL(archive.getSelectedItem(x + 1).data+".html", “main”);
}

This is how I figured it: I thought that by gathering the position that the listbox was currently on I could make that into a variable(x) to use for the button. Then in the button I use the variable and (+/-) one from it.

I’m open to suggestions, and mabye overhalls on structure. Except I need to keep the frames Idea b/c of extentiuating circumstances.